BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Aaron Davidson's Group -- Closed. Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 76

2011-11-04 11:54 AM
in reply to: #2555906

User image

NH
Subject: RE: Aaron Davidson's Group -- Closed.

Gotta post in case you all didn't see.  Rene crushed his marathon is in a BQ and PR 3:12:53.8 His RR.

How is everyone's fall going?  We've been majorly sick at my house, I had pneumonia and am just now recovering.  I've started Jorge's bike plan and have just started back running after about 8 weeks or absolutely no training.

2011-11-04 5:25 PM
in reply to: #3822755

User image

Veteran
Orange, CA

Awesome job, Rene. That's an extremely fast marathon. Have fun in Boston.

I'm sorry to hear your family is going through the fall sickness. Hopefully that means you'll be well through it by the time the holidays hit.

I'm mid break as well. I should probably start back up around mid Nov.

Have a safe fall / winter everyone.

2011-11-06 6:26 AM

User image

NH

I also want to extend an invite to the group.  If anyone BQ's and decides to actually run Boston, I'll help with the logistics.  I live about 45 minutes north of Boston and will house/feed you if you want and bring you to Hopkinton or help set up whatever else would be required.

I've never really had the desire to rum a marathon, but if I were ever to do one Boston would be high on my list.

2011-11-06 7:00 AM

User image

Master
Midcoast Maine

I second Warren's offer - I take the girls down to watch the marathon (and for a girly weekend before hand)...I'd be happy to help out ferrying people around, sherpa'ing things, etc.

Even if you don't qualify - it is a great race to watch - so much energy and really inspiring to see how truly fast those guys are.

Hope all are well - ankle is slowly getting better and I'm considering doing the Patriot HIM in June...but haven't committed yet. A friend of mine wants to do the Great Bay Half Marathon (the half I ran last year and Warren ran the year before) in mid April so it looks like I will be in New Hampshire then.

The girls got their flu shots this year, so we are hopeful we will miss some of the creeping crud that is going around.

I'm traveling about once a month for work - that really puts a damper on my training - I'm left at the mercy of the hotel workout rooms. Any suggestions on keeping up the fitness while traveling?

2011-11-06 6:53 PM
in reply to: #3835413

User image

Master
Midcoast Maine
itsallrelative_Maine - 2011-11-05 8:00 PM

I'm traveling about once a month for work - that really puts a damper on my training - I'm left at the mercy of the hotel workout rooms. Any suggestions on keeping up the fitness while traveling?

I just got down to Boston this evening and am staying in a new (to me) hotel closer to the client's site. I went to check out the workout room (at the last place, it was a treadmill, an elliptical and some hand held weights with a tiny swimming pool - which is what I expected again). Whooo hooo! I've got a full length (25y) lap pool, a nice jacuzzi, sauna and a fabulous workout room (5 treadmills, 3 stationary bikes including a spin bike, a bunch of ellipticals and a full set of Nautilus equipment). Can't say that I am limited in how I can train now!

I also just finished the movie "Spirit of the Marathon" (partially while on the trainer this am, the rest once I got to Boston) - it's a really nicely done documentary about the 2005 Chicago Marathon. Nice way to pass the time on the bike or treadmill if you're looking.

2011-11-07 11:56 AM
in reply to: #3822755

User image

Expert
WA
wbayek - 2011-11-03 9:54 PM

Gotta post in case you all didn't see.  Rene crushed his marathon is in a BQ and PR 3:12:53.8 His RR.

How is everyone's fall going?  We've been majorly sick at my house, I had pneumonia and am just now recovering.  I've started Jorge's bike plan and have just started back running after about 8 weeks or absolutely no training.

Thanks Warren!!! 

Sorry to hear about the sickness in the house, we had once going through our house weeks ago.  Some sort of stomach flu.  Glad to hear you are back on the mend and getting back to coloring your log calendar!  ;-)

2011-11-07 11:59 AM
in reply to: #3835386

User image

Expert
WA
wbayek - 2011-11-05 4:26 PM

I also want to extend an invite to the group.  If anyone BQ's and decides to actually run Boston, I'll help with the logistics.  I live about 45 minutes north of Boston and will house/feed you if you want and bring you to Hopkinton or help set up whatever else would be required.

I've never really had the desire to rum a marathon, but if I were ever to do one Boston would be high on my list.

Awesome!!  Thanks!!

I do want to run Boston, but because of the new rules (slots roll down starting from fastest times), I won't know if I have the opportunity to run til September.  If I do get a slot, I do plan to race it.  Excited!!

2011-11-07 12:01 PM
in reply to: #3834241

User image

Expert
WA
bfoyle - 2011-11-04 3:25 AM

Thanks!! Enjoy your down time!  I am will be taking it easy for while too.  Enjoyed some Costco pumpkin pie with whipped cream this weekend....yum!  :-)

2011-11-07 12:06 PM
in reply to: #3835413

User image

Expert
WA
itsallrelative_Maine - 2011-11-05 5:00 PM

I second Warren's offer - I take the girls down to watch the marathon (and for a girly weekend before hand)...I'd be happy to help out ferrying people around, sherpa'ing things, etc.

Even if you don't qualify - it is a great race to watch - so much energy and really inspiring to see how truly fast those guys are.

Hope all are well - ankle is slowly getting better and I'm considering doing the Patriot HIM in June...but haven't committed yet. A friend of mine wants to do the Great Bay Half Marathon (the half I ran last year and Warren ran the year before) in mid April so it looks like I will be in New Hampshire then.

The girls got their flu shots this year, so we are hopeful we will miss some of the creeping crud that is going around.

Thanks Jen!

Glad your new hotel is "equipped" for your exercise needs!!!

2011-11-25 4:32 PM
in reply to: #3860022

User image

Veteran
Richmond
RunRene - 2011-11-07 12:01 PM
bfoyle - 2011-11-04 3:25 AM

Thanks!! Enjoy your down time!  I am will be taking it easy for while too.  Enjoyed some Costco pumpkin pie with whipped cream this weekend....yum!  :-)

Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone!  We had the Costco pumpkin pie yesterday w/whipped cream and loved it!

Great job on the BQ Rene!!

Hope everyone is doing good, getting well and rested up, 2012 is not far away now!! Yikes!

Edited by mdfahy 2011-11-25 4:41 PM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Aaron Davidson's Group -- Closed. Rss Feed  

of 76