General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Plan, Online Coah or Personal Coach Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

Training Plan, Online Coah or Personal Coach
OptionResults
I follow a training plan either from a website or one that I have created.30 Votes - [42.86%]
I have a personal coach with whom I see often and train with often8 Votes - [11.43%]
I use an online coach who develops a plan and then we call or email15 Votes - [21.43%]
I am training with someone who has done an IM before and just follow along.1 Votes - [1.43%]
I train with a team and we have our own training system.0 Votes - [0%]
Training plan from book8 Votes - [11.43%]
My DH wrote me an awesome plan and I'm following that1 Votes - [1.43%]
I make it up as I go5 Votes - [7.14%]
Used a swim coach but created my own plan1 Votes - [1.43%]
Joined a local training group which provides a plan1 Votes - [1.43%]

2010-01-29 6:49 PM
in reply to: #2643655

User image

Champion
Montague Gold Mines, Nova Scotia
Subject: RE: Training Plan, Online Coah or Personal Coach
ChrisM - 2010-01-29 8:41 PM

To be fair, I did eventually negotiate a "Saturday ride as long as I want with friends", but shortly thereafter had to stop training so fired the coach at any rate. Never really got to test that theory out

That's what I thought but was a little fuzzy on the timeline. 

IMO, I think that instead of the athlete needing to negotiate the group ride (or whatever) with the coach, that instead the athlete says, I do a group ride every Saturday, make it work with my schedule.  If the coach feels that it is going to compromise the athlete's training then it is their job to voice the concern but if the athlete wants that workout on the schedule then the coach should either make it work or fire the athlete.

Shane

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Plan, Online Coah or Personal Coach Rss Feed  

of 2