General Discussion Triathlon Talk » first time poster Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-01-27 8:47 AM

Subject: first time poster
Well I started a little late then the beginning of the year.  Just found this site a couple of weeks ago.
Jan 20 220#
Jan 27 217.5

I have been doing a run walk program for three weeks now. I need to find a gym with a pool. So I can start working on my swimming. This site has a lot of information as well as a lot of Clydesdale's  who are going through the same thing as I am going through. Talk to you all later.

2010-01-27 9:57 AM
in reply to: #2636964

User image

Regular
Southeastern Louisiana
Subject: RE: first time poster
Welcome to BT.

I am fairly new here too and I am a Clydesdale in every sense of the word (6'2"- 259). I started walking about 6 months ago (at 328 lbs) and have been working toward getting better at running. I am slowly, but surely, getting there.

I started slow by walking for about 2.5 months and then began to incorperate some running. I feel great after the weight loss and have a goal to lose another 40 lbs.

I have not chose a training plan as I am training myself right now to get back in shape. I will pick a training plan to get into sprint condition.

Keep up the good work . It is getting easier as the conditioning gets better.
2010-01-27 10:10 AM

Veteran
Kenosha, WI
I was 228 last year this time when I started training, I was 190 on race day.  Play your cards right and you may never join that clydesdale club.  No-offense to the club...
2010-02-14 1:51 PM

New user

I just found this site while searching for a good training log that had it all...S/B/R, weights, nutrition, etc.
I am in need of great encouragement! I have trained for Sprints and Olympic Distance tris in the past...but these last two years of no training have caught up with me. Now, 16months post baby...I am at my all time highest weight...and lowest self esteem and motivation. It's like I forgot how to start...and feeling doubtful I can maintain it once starting. Where did I go??? I became a "mom" and lost my identity.
I made the first step...set a goal to do the 5430 series in CO this year. (only did the sprint last year). So....1/2 ironman here I come.
I have always been an "athena" in the sport...I wanna lose 30lbs of fat before my first race.
Any advice and support would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Heather
2010-02-14 2:08 PM

User image

Expert
San Gabriel Valley, California
Good luck to you all and welcome to BT.  First thing that I would suggest you all do - join Team Skinny.  They are great at encouraging people (just ignore the occasional abuse).  Weigh-ins are on Wednesday and it is nice to have the accountability.

Then, go to the training logs page.  You will see a calendar fllled with white squares.  Every day that you log a workout, the white square will turn to a pink or peachy color.  Logging a workout is called getting your peach and people try for peachy streaks.  Me, myself, I have been completely peachy since mid-March 2009.  Sometimes the workouts logged aren't much, but as long as it is something measurable, it counts.  Go to the Challenge Forum and you will find this month's Peach Challenge.  I think they let you join mid-month, but if not, join in March and aim for a workout each and every single day to have an entire month of peaches, starting now. 

Even if you don't follow one of the training programs here (or from anywhere else), it is good to take a look at them to get an idea of where they are all pretty much similar.  Not increasing distance too quickly is a biggie.  Consistency, of course, is another. 

Every month there are challenges of some sort or another.  Those can be great motivators to get in a workout when you don't much feel like it.  It is too late for this month, but pick one of the threads and read it and you can get the idea and be ready for next month. 

Let us know the dates of your upcoming events.  Feel free to post questions here or on Triathlon Talk.  The vast majority of the people who post here are very nice and very encouraging.

Good luck.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » first time poster Rss Feed