General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Family Spectators at your Race? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2010-01-29 9:57 PM
in reply to: #2639144

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Subject: RE: Family Spectators at your Race?
THis is a great topic, thanks Ginger, for bringing it up...
I took a look at your blog, I am truly inspired, keep it up. I KNOW you are going to do great on your race! Good luck!

2010-01-30 8:42 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Also...is this a dorky idea...my sister in law is supposed to do the race with me so I thought about having some t-shirts made up for me and her and the whole family...is that way too dorky?

Nothing wrong with matching shirts at all and certainly not dorky.  Last year my wife and friends made up race shirts for their team in memorial of a very young baby which tragically lost his life to SIDS.

Have fun and don,t worry too much.

Edited by MKAH 2010-01-30 8:45 AM

(Shirts.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Shirts.jpg (88KB - 9 downloads)
2010-01-30 10:13 AM

User image

Expert
Texas (Houston area)

Its so great to hear that you appreciate all the support your family is showing. I have heard triathletes described as selfish and narcissistic, but your attitude and others who have posted in this thread defy that idea. I would have loved to have had just 1 person show up at my first sprint triathlon. I not only let people know I was doing it, I invited them to come check out the race(not just me). It was just too early, too far, too cold, too whatever. It all added up to seem as though me and my endeavor were unimportant. Cry Enough belly-aching. I do it for me and no one else anyway.

Enjoy the love and support and best of luck to you.

2010-01-30 6:15 PM

User image

Master
Royersford, PA
One of the hardest thing for the spectators is to know when and where to look for you on the course. Trakkers is working on a device that the racer wears and it tracks the athlete via GPS and puts that data on a map real time and as long as you have 3G coverage the spectators can know where you are on the course real time and have an idea how you are doing (Pace/HR/etc) using their cell phone so they can find you and lift you up. They plan on rolling this device at selected races this year. Take it from someone who finished 2 ironmans and had my wife and kids miss getting the chance to cross the finish line with me since I was ahead of my projected pace, something like this product is a great thing for both the athlete and the spectators.

Edited by southwestmba 2010-01-30 6:17 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Family Spectators at your Race? Rss Feed  

of 2