UK Triathlon Forum Scotland » Bishoppbriggs : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2010-02-08 2:18 PM

Subject: Bishoppbriggs : Official Thread

I am doing my first novice triathlon at Bishopbriggs.  If there is anyone who can help me train and push me along I would very much appreciate it.  I live in the East End of Glasgow and am a very nice person!!!  If not, I will still be there on 9th May just a little lonelier....

Ann

2010-03-19 11:36 AM
in reply to: #2661847

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Bishoppbriggs : Official Thread
Hi Ann,

I'm afraid the UK section of BT is pretty quiet :-(

I am miles away up in the highlands so not much help but my advice would be to get a training plan and work around it.
Its so easy to think "its raining, i'll run tomorrow" etc, i find if i have a plan then i'm more likely to stick to it ! lol.

I did an off-road sprint tri in fort william last weekend and now panicing that i'm not ready for my second marathon in 4 weeks time Cry  !!

Train hard, and enjoy the day.

Adbru
2010-03-19 12:25 PM

Veteran
Kirkcaldy
Hi Ann doing Cupar Novice as my first tri.  Agree with adbru 100% about the trg plan.  Good luck at Bishopbriggs
2010-05-04 8:27 AM

Hi,

Being using the site for a while and have just looked at the forums. 

I am doing the Bishopbriggs tri on Sun.  I have done the novice twice and I am having ago at the Sprint this year.  The bike course is quite flat apart from the hill at the beginning of each lap and the run course is flat along the canal (there is one wee steep hill as you cross the canal). 

It is the only tri I have done.  I use it as my post-christmas training.  I was going try Stirling as well this year but it's full.

Good luck on Sunday, let's hope it warms up a bit.

Karen

2010-05-13 2:24 AM

I did it!!  My 1st Sprint
Really enjoyed it and want to do it again next year.  Had an amazing swim, took 2 mins off my estimated time.  Bike went as expected, could of gone a bit quicker, but didn't want to die during the run. 

Karen
2011-04-05 1:27 PM

Hi,  I've just discovered this website and I'm doing Bishopbriggs too!!  And yes I too am ina real panic, I can't do the swim distance yet and keep falling off my bike - dam clip in pedals who's idea were they anyway.  It's hard but we'll get there and I'll see you there - if I don't drown!!

2011-05-03 1:56 AM
in reply to: #3430930

Hi,

Going for 2nd attempt at the sprint.  Was on the waiting list till a couple of weeks ago when a place came up.  Training was going well apart from swimming, seem to have stalled.  Anyway, I've had a wee practice bike-run on the course, just to remind myself how horrible the hill is.  Now trying to shake off a cold, but still looking forward to Sunday.

Karen

2011-05-10 4:59 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glasgow, UK
How did you do? Did you enjoy it - thought the hill was a killer and my swim was awful!
2011-05-16 8:51 AM

Well done Kate!

I did okay thanks.  Alright swim, pretty happy with the bike, (well apart from THAT hill).  Run started off pretty good then got a killer stitch.  But a minute quicker that last year.

Karen

2011-09-19 8:35 AM

New user

UK - North Easy

Hello

I live in the North East of England now but originally born in 'Rottenrow' and brought up the Auchinloch end of Lenzie, in fact used to walk along the lady's mile to Bishopbriggs as a kid (certainly no a mile). Also used to work in Allan Glenns rugby club... but I'm blethering

Don't panic. Triathlon may be daunting but the main thing is to do it at a pace which suits you and most of all enjoy.

Below are a couple of links which may be of use. One is an 8 week training plan and the other is about preparations for the race. Which I actually found on this website.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=360

epicraces.com/pdfs/Beginner%20Training%20Schedule.pdf

If your new to tr find a local tri club, there is the glasgow one and if possible attend their training sessions, you'll find person like yourself that are either preaparing for their first of havent decided when to do one. On the other hand you will find very expereinced persons who can help you and may even be qualified coaches.

It does take discipline to not put off when training by yourself, having a plan like the one attached at least focuses the mind and keeping you on track.

Good Luck

New Thread
UK Triathlon Forum Scotland » Bishoppbriggs : Official Thread Rss Feed