General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Triple T - North Carolina : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-02-11 8:28 AM

User image

Regular
Subject: Triple T - North Carolina : Official Thread
I'm wavering between just doing the stand alone half (White Lake Challenge) and the full Triple-T. I know how to train for a half iron, but not a 3-day 4-event iron distance series of races. Rather than train like I would for an Ironman, I'm thinking about putting together a plan at just above what I would do for a half iron, but building up to back-to-back days of a run-bike-run simulation. Something like a saturday mini-duathlon and a Sunday full duathlon. Any training suggestions?

2010-02-12 9:21 AM
in reply to: #2667497

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Triple T - North Carolina : Official Thread

I am doing the Ohio race, but training is the same (except I will add in climbing mountains to my training!!)  We are essentially training for a half, but rather than doing recovery after big workouts, we are doing back to back big days and doing some splitting up of our big days - 1.5 hour bike w/ 30 min. brick followed by an evening 1.5 hour bike.  I am actually enjoying it more than long IM training days!

2010-02-14 11:01 AM
in reply to: #2669645

User image

Regular
Great idea with the morning and evening workouts. I like that idea!
2010-02-18 4:04 PM
in reply to: #2672287

User image

Veteran
I posted this on the NC board as well, can't hurt to put it here too.

Anybody need/want a slow teammate for this thing. Think 2:10+/100yd swim, 18-20mph on the bike (if it's as flat as they say), and 9+ min/mile on the run. I did 2 halfs and IMWI last year, looking for something challenging but not quite IM. Male/female doesn't matter, most of my training partners are female, I can't keep up with most of the men.

Wife is doing her first half mid summer, going to let her train for that and am trying to find something for myself to do late fall. We'd come down for a long weekend and camp with the kids.
2010-05-13 8:49 PM
in reply to: #2667497

User image

Harrison Twp
Hi My name is Michele, I signed up for the White Falls Challenge also. It will be my first Tri, but I'm looking for a sprint near me to get the feel of one. I will be working with a plan from BT and next week starts the 20 week training. Have anyone in here do the WFC last year?
2010-05-18 3:12 PM
in reply to: #2857911

User image

Expert
, North Carolina

The White Lake Fall Challenge did not exist last year.  White Lake does two sprints and two HIMs in the spring, and a super sprint and an international distance in the fall.  This is the inagural American TTT at this site, to include the White Lake Fall Challenge.

I just did my first HIM there and I used the Beginner HIM plan on BT. 

Did you have specific questions about the training plan or the race site?

I'm excited to have the TTT so nearby, but can't do it until 2012.  But, I hope to be there as a spectator with my obnoxiously loud cow bell! 

New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Triple T - North Carolina : Official Thread Rss Feed