General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Recovery drinks, users, thoughts, reasons. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2010-03-06 12:09 PM
in reply to: #2707367

User image

Extreme Veteran
Colorado
Subject: RE: Recovery drinks, users, thoughts, reasons.
I've tried a lot of different things over the past couple of years and here's what I've found works for me.

#1 - As long as I get some easy to absorb, simple carbs and a little protein after a long session/event, it doesn't really matter what it was. But, I really HAVE to get something in or I bonk hard, especially after a 3+ hour session.

Vitamin Water - I forget what the specific one is called, but it is orange with B vitamins. This one works wonders as I get that B-12 boost. It's all sugar, but after a long session that's fine.

Choc Milk - I love it and give it all props, but even with Lactaid I get really bloated later.

Gatorade - Good old standby that works great.

Smoothie - 1 Cup plain non-fat yogurt, 1 banana, 1/2 C frozen strawberries and/or blueberries, scoop of whey protein, blend till smooth(ie). This one is probably the all time best in my experience.

Mix1 + ProBar - Close second to the smoothie.

-Kirk

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Recovery drinks, users, thoughts, reasons. Rss Feed  

of 3