General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Status of Road Surface on Old Metcalf and Miami County Roads Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-03-06 7:58 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe, Kansas
Subject: Status of Road Surface on Old Metcalf and Miami County Roads

Has anyone ridden recently on Old Metcalf Rd. in Miami County, toward Louisburg. Last time I was on it, it was a loose gravel, some call it chip and seal. Well it was a chip for sure but no signs of seal. It was pretty rough. Any seal in the mean time or things are the same. Looking for roads out of Olathe for two rides today and and 90mi tomorrow. May have to go to Douglas County toward Clinton Lake to get any descent surface. Any other suggestions, thanks.

2010-03-08 8:24 AM
in reply to: #2711451

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe, KS
Subject: RE: Status of Road Surface on Old Metcalf and Miami County Roads
Sorry I didn't see this in time. I rode out on Metcalf road to Louisburg the weekend before last. It might have been chip seal, but there wasn't anything loose... I don't recall it being bad.

What did you end up doing? I hope you had a good ride(s) - it was a good weekend for it!
2010-03-08 1:08 PM
in reply to: #2713610

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe, Kansas
Subject: RE: Status of Road Surface on Old Metcalf and Miami County Roads
Thanks for your reply. Saturday I rode on 175th back and forth doing FTP work, 2hrs. It was ok, just a little dirty. Bike was very dusty when I got done. Sunday I went from my home to 175th and west into Douglas County, very rural got to KS 59, north 3mi, just about to turn to Clinton Lake, I think like Road 458, that was 40mi and turned back for a total of 80mi, and the slowest 80mi I have ever done. Last year this time I was riding 80min in 3:35-3:37. Anyway, it was nice and quite.I am doing another 80mi on Saturday AM most likely as Friday looks like rain. I am thinking going toward Louisburg on Old Metcalf and than either east to Harisonville or west toward Ottawa, will see what weather does.This fall, last time when I was on Old Mecalf, they set that gravel down that is supposed to get packed into "chip and seal" and it was just loose. Very rough and dirty, just like gravel, so I decided not ride my bike on that. I have not been there since. Thanks again for your report
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Status of Road Surface on Old Metcalf and Miami County Roads Rss Feed