General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Suggestions for tri suit/shorts for first Half Ironman Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-03-21 12:33 PM

Boulder County, CO
Subject: Suggestions for tri suit/shorts for first Half Ironman
I'll be doing the Boise 70.3.  Suggestions for either tri shorts or trisuit for the HIM distance (for women)?

2010-03-21 12:57 PM
in reply to: #2738489

User image

Subject: RE: Suggestions for tri suit/shorts for first Half Ironman
Not a women but this is almost not gender specific.

There are some great suits out there. I would highly recommend two pieces if you're not going to be going for a podium, easier to hit the potty if you have to.

I've done a few HIMs in Zoot Ultra shorts and they're great, unfortunately they also rub me near the waist band on one of the seams and it starts getting painful right towards the end.

I say that to make the point of make sure you run a long run or two in whatever you get prior to the race. They may seem great until about 6 miles into the run then something that was ignorable ends up being sheer torture for the rest of the race.

This year I've found Orca 226 shorts, have already ridden a century in them and have run 14 mile training runs in them. They're going to be what I do my HIM and IM in. There are many women's 226 shorts on ebay right now for really decent prices. They're worth a shot.
2010-03-21 2:07 PM
in reply to: #2738489

User image

Champion
MA
Subject: RE: Suggestions for tri suit/shorts for first Half Ironman
I'd go with two piece not 1 as like Daniel said port a potty breaks are much easier.

I like DeSoto 400 mile shorts or Oomph tri short with their distance pad for my HIMs and IMs.

Tri top I use a Oomph top that has three pockets much like bike jersey but tighter fitting and shorter.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Suggestions for tri suit/shorts for first Half Ironman Rss Feed