General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Yet another newbie! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-04-01 3:06 PM

User image

Subject: Yet another newbie!
Coming out of lurkdom here. I have been training for my first sprint tri in July. Started training the first week of January using the 20 week 2x program. My brother was my "trainer" as he is a seasoned tri guy and very knowledgeable. However, recent medical issues have kept him from working out so I'm on my own now.

I've discovered that I love swimming and biking. Also discovered that running is really a chore. I lost 37 lbs last year but have found a couple of those lbs are finding me again. Not sure why as my workout level has increased significantly. Although I am ravenous after swim...trying to log my nutrition so I am more aware.

I guess that's about it!

2010-04-01 6:21 PM
in reply to: #2763707

User image

New user

Phoenix
Subject: RE: Yet another newbie!
Those darn pounds.....The scale is a dangerous thing!!! I have noticed that about myself also....that you work and work and then sometimes the weight wants to come back. Sometimes it's just a slight tweak in your diet, sometimes your workout needs a little kick in the pants....None the less, it sounds like your still stoked and working hard so that alone is pretty cool! Keep it up, it sounds like you've got it under control. Good luck with your races and training.
2010-04-02 3:41 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2010-04-02 10:09 PM

Extreme Veteran
Huntington Beach, CA
Hi,

Welcome to BT.

Some of those pounds creeping back could very well be muscle.  Also it's not uncommon to gain a little weight with an increase of training volume.  In really simple terms, your body may actually slow it's metabolism down somewhat in an attempt to store the fuel needed for the increased activity.

It's always a bit of a balance game.

Good luck

2010-04-03 5:33 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2010-04-03 6:13 PM

Veteran
NAF Atsugi Japan,Medford OR.
welcome fellow newbie!  I use caution when using the scale, and always use the mirror as an additional reference.  Swimming and biking will/should increase lean muscle mass and as everyone knows muscle weighs more than fat.  I think the best and easiest tool is how your clothes fit! 

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Yet another newbie! Rss Feed