Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Dog Owners: Parks & Dogs Off Leash Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2010-04-05 8:49 AM

User image

Master
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Subject: Dog Owners: Parks & Dogs Off Leash
I asked this in the Michigan forum hoping for some local feedback and have had some "views" but apparently no commentary as of yet, so am curious as to some COJ views.

As a new dog owner, I'm now understand the benefit of letting my dog off leash, but also see the signs emblazoned in parks "Dogs must be on six foot leash"

The connundrum appears when I see myriad of owners with well-behaved dogs off leash.

So for some time I had dog envy, not feeling confident enough to let my Maxwell Smart off leash. 

After a visit with our breeder, she gave me more confidence ...."these dogs don't run away" yada yada, so we went out to the park in the woods, on the trails, on a cold rainy day, figuring no one would be out,(we were right, not a soul in sight) and were amazed at how great Max was, his recall, his waiting for us, finding us when we'd hide, etc.

More bold, we went to another small local park with woods and trails-- less strict-- but more folks around, Max's recall was strong even when another dog was present, I was again amazed for a puppy.

>>>>>That said, what's the story with parks, dogs, how strict the rangers are on the trails, etc?

I ask only b/c we ran into a woman who regaled us with Park Ranger Bob stories of them hunting down license plates, sending tickets, lying in wait on trails to nab scofflaw dog owners?

I suppose here in COJ it's going to vary by locale but curious as to others' experiences.

2010-04-05 9:11 AM
in reply to: #2768430

User image

Pro
Parker, CO
Subject: RE: Dog Owners: Parks & Dogs Off Leash

if there is a leash law you keep the dog on a leash.  I won't get into all the reasons...buts that's the law.  there are plenty of dog parks that will allow dogs to run leash-free.

same thing when I drive to work in the morning.  the law says I must drive 65mph on the highway.  if I choose to ignor it I face getting ticketed.

2010-04-05 9:15 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh
As an owner responsibility, your dog should never be off the leash, so to speak in public, where you could create harm for the animal or for the surroundings.

There are contained off leash dog parks, at least here in NC, that allow for free running of the hounds.

I take my dog there at least once a week to run the park and kick everyone else's dog's butts... =)

Unless you have a high certainty that your dog will obey and not be distracted to cause harm to him or others, they should be leashed.

i strongly urge the use of contained dog parks...it satisfys the social aspect and releaves the fear of harm. (altho fights do sometimes break out in the dogpark, its still  most enjoyable for both owner and hound.)
2010-04-05 9:30 AM

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL

We have fairly strict leash laws here in Sarasota, particularly at the beach parks.  I also have some neighbors who aren't hesitant about calling animal control if they see a dog or cat off leash in the neighborhood.  (I've had animal control stop at my house a couple of times because my neighbor's cats like to hang out at my place.

At the same time, we also have some very nice, well-maintained county dog parks.  We can take my daughter's German Shorthair Pointer to the dog park and let her run until she wears herself out.  It's also nice because she can socialize with other dogs. 

I have some relatives in Michigan who live on an 80 acre farm out in the country who have hunting dogs that they pretty much let run free all the time. 

Mark  

2010-04-05 9:57 AM
in reply to: #2768547

User image

Champion
Eat Cheese or Die
My town's leash laws have wording in them to the effect of dogs need to be leashed or have some other form of control. We have a remote training collar for the doggy as she has a hard time resisting squirrels without it. In my mind, it also serves to fulfill the requirements of the leash law here until I am told otherwise by a police officer.

That being said, 90% of the time she is still on a leash when we walk around town.

As far as parks go, She stays on the leash unless I know the park very well, not because I am worried about her taking off, but because I try to avoid unleashing her when there are a lot of other people around.

I also take her mountain biking with me and she is unleashed the entire time. Again, I make sure I know the park. I never take her if it's the first time I am riding somewhere. I also never bring her with on a group ride if I am meeting new riders. I also don't take her on weekends or other busy times. Luckily my work schedule allows me to sneak out to do a ride or two on weekdays during mid morning when the trails are empty.

Whenever I've run into a ranger, they all notice the collar on the dog and remote hanging from by camelbak strap and say they wish more people would be that responsible, never have they told me I need to leash her. If I didn't have the collar plus have the dog under good control it might be a different story.

2010-04-05 10:01 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

Edited by Sharyn5 2010-04-05 10:02 AM

2010-04-05 10:28 AM

Pro
the Alabama part of Pennsylvania
I think it depends on the dog and the local enforcement.  There are no dedicated, self contained, public dog parks in my county.  I could either drive 45+minutes to find one, pay $10/dog to go the small private one, take my dog to a local multiuse trail that allows dogs (and horses, mountain bikers, runners, etc); or flaut the local leash law like many others do at the area nicknamed "the dog run" (also an open area).

I used to take my dogs to the multiuse trail when they were younger.  Initially they were only off lead in a more easily controlled area, and as they showed their reliability, they would be off lead longer.  It required being very aware of the other users, especially the horses, since I did not want the rider to get thrown by a spooked horse, or the dogs to get stepped on.  If we were near the water, it was not an issue, since they love the water.  If the dog has a strong and reliable "come", I am good with letting them off lead. I have let them off illegally at the local dog run as well, knowing that if the township police are in an enforcement mood (like when they first tightened the leash law and posted new signs), I would be liable if I got ticketed. 

I agree with the poster above who likened it to speeding.  And I speed on I-95 and other major roads, knowing if I get stopped by the cop, I deserve it.  I don't do it front of cops knowingly, but I try to use good judgement (both with letting the dogs off lead and driving fast).
2010-04-05 11:07 AM

Pro
Evanston,
My dog is a rescue.  At a prior placement home, he was attacked by the owner's two smaller dogs who turned on him together.  He is now dog-aggressive, but won't show any signs of it until the unsuspecting dog is within striking distance.  So I can't take my dog to the dog park for the simple reason that there are other dogs there.    Yes, I want to socialize him to other dogs, but he does need exercise in the meantime.

So I occasionally take him to a secluded, wooded area near a lake here in town and let him run like mad, chase critters, sniff new things, dash around, drink the lake, etc.   It's illegal, and there is a slight risk that he will harass another person or dog if anybody shows up, but I have to balance that with his need for exercise.  And it's really secluded.

There's also a place I used to run him on undeveloped private property near my CrossFit gym.  The trouble with that was I then left him in the car while I did my class (in appropriate weather.)  He didn't love that, but again, I balanced that with his need for exercise.  But after a few months of this, he discovered the joy of chewing through seatbelts.  Which are expensive. 

I could take him there then tie him outside during my class, but he wouldn't much like that either.  It's too far for me to just pop by that field when I'm not making the trek to CrossFit.

I'm also going to get a WalkyDog so we can bike together.  That should help.

Any other suggestions?
2010-04-05 12:51 PM

1. If you are breaking the law DON'T do it.

2. When somoen has a dog off a leash  when I'm running my first thought is what are my outs and what can I do to protect myself if this dog attacks me,,,,,, I don't know the dog and I don't care that someone says he won't hurt you. I have to interupt my run to gauge my options.

3. Some children I know of have been attacked by dogs, yes the one's that have never attacked anyone and are totally freaked out by dogs and if they are un-leashed even more panic by this small boy.

4. Dogs are animals with instincts, runners will often trigger a prey or threat response in dogs.

You wouldn't care for my response if you were on the same running path as me with you dog offf the leash. 

Do the RIGHT thing!

2010-04-05 12:54 PM

Lafayette, CO

Speaking up as a runner, someone who has owned dogs and a dog bite victim the fact that you are at all uncertain of the control you have over your dog says the animal should be on a leash.  We have some areas here that allow sight/sound control but the dog must have passed a test for the license and they are patrolled pretty heavily.  Those animals do not worry me as I've been absolutely amazed by the control they are under off leash.  It's the animals that are not obviously under control that scare me.  My hand will forever bear the marks of the bite I suffered which nearly necessitated hand surgery and it reminds me every day that when I run by an unknown, un-controlled dog my hands are up out of reach and I get very nervous if the dog shows any interest in me.  In fact, in my early days of running you could watch on my HRM just how nervous it made me as there were spikes for every uncontrolled dog I passed. 

If that doesn't phase you let me tell you about the unleashed dog that tried to follow his owners down the street and ran out in front of my car.  I couldn't stop in time (and was only going 30mph, the speed limit) and hit Lady.  We rushed Lady to the animal hospital in my car (owner, owner's 8 year old son, and neighbor all jumped in with me and the dog) but unfortunately she could not be saved.  I'll never, ever forget the look of joy on that dog's face as she ran toward her owner or the look of fear and pain when I rushed over to her after the hit.  I hope to never, ever be a part of that sort of event again.  If only she'd been restrained. 

Here's a link to the Boulder sight/voice control program if you're interested.  It really is amazing to see the dogs that are this well trained.  I can only imagine the dedication it takes.  http://www.bouldercolorado.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5562&Itemid=411

Edited by COSkiGirl 2010-04-05 12:55 PM
2010-04-05 1:19 PM

Extreme Veteran
Albuquerque
It is really sad how many people have been negatively affected by irresponsible pet owners.  So many people get dogs simply assuming that training a well-behaved dog is no big deal, thinking right away that they will be able to let their dog off-leash and maintain control.  This just isn't the case.  I recently had a friend adopt a small dog (<7lbs)... it was her first dog ever, and she decided to take it hiking [yes, she took a 7lb dog hiking in the mountains] three days after adopting it.  She then proceeded to let the dog off-leash, on a mountain trail, and he promptly got spooked by a bird and ran away.  They never found the poor little dog and I'm 100% positive he ended up as coyote food that night.  There are so many problems with this scenario, it's not even close to being funny. 

That being said, leash laws vary a lot from state to state and from city to city.  I am a definite proponent of obeying all leash laws within city limits... but as a super-outdoorsy person who likes to include my dog on as many outdoor excusions as possible, I freely admit to pushing the boundaries often, but only in an extremely controlled manner.  My dog has been trained since she was a puppy to hike, camp, and travel with my off-leash.  She carries her own backpack when we hike, she never gets more than a hundred feet or so in front of me, and she always returns when called.  If we encounter and person or another dog, I tell her to immediately sit and stay, and she waits until I approach her and clip on her leash, at which point we then get closer to the other party- this let's the other group know that I am in full charge of my dog, and it also protects my dog in the case that either the other person or their animal is not as friendly as my animal and I are. 

I've met a lot of incredibly hostile people who are ready to yell at you as soon as they see you with a dog off-leash, even in the middle of the woods.  I can usually always win them over with how well-behaved Sienna is, but it's really sad that so many dog owners have so little control over their animals and have made such a touchy situation for those of us who have worked so hard to make sure that our animals can safely enjoy the freedom that they should be allowed.

2010-04-05 2:04 PM
in reply to: #2768625

Champion
Sarasota, FL

Sharyn5 - 2010-04-05 11:01 AM Locally, there is a dog park...and an owner brought his two big dogs there, off the leashes. The one dog ended up killing another person's much smaller dog. I think dogs should be on leashes. OR...Have small and large dog parks, separately, if people want to let their dogs run without a leash. I just felt so awful for that little dog owner, whose dog couldn't go up against the bigger one, and died at the park... Just food for thought...it apparently can happen.

That's sad.  Our local dog parks have signs prohibiting aggressive dogs and some specific breeds, like pitbulls.  One of the parks also has a separate (though seldom used) small dog area.  I know in the past that some owners have called animal control when they thought their dogs were being endangered and owners got fined and banned when their dogs were judged to be too aggressive. 

Mark    

2010-04-05 2:29 PM
in reply to: #2769211

Champion
Eat Cheese or Die
megtrow - 2010-04-05 1:19 PM

It is really sad how many people have been negatively affected by irresponsible pet owners.  So many people get dogs simply assuming that training a well-behaved dog is no big deal, thinking right away that they will be able to let their dog off-leash and maintain control.  This just isn't the case.  I recently had a friend adopt a small dog (<7lbs)... it was her first dog ever, and she decided to take it hiking [yes, she took a 7lb dog hiking in the mountains] three days after adopting it.  She then proceeded to let the dog off-leash, on a mountain trail, and he promptly got spooked by a bird and ran away.  They never found the poor little dog and I'm 100% positive he ended up as coyote food that night.  There are so many problems with this scenario, it's not even close to being funny. 

That being said, leash laws vary a lot from state to state and from city to city.  I am a definite proponent of obeying all leash laws within city limits... but as a super-outdoorsy person who likes to include my dog on as many outdoor excusions as possible, I freely admit to pushing the boundaries often, but only in an extremely controlled manner.  My dog has been trained since she was a puppy to hike, camp, and travel with my off-leash.  She carries her own backpack when we hike, she never gets more than a hundred feet or so in front of me, and she always returns when called.  If we encounter and person or another dog, I tell her to immediately sit and stay, and she waits until I approach her and clip on her leash, at which point we then get closer to the other party- this let's the other group know that I am in full charge of my dog, and it also protects my dog in the case that either the other person or their animal is not as friendly as my animal and I are. 

I've met a lot of incredibly hostile people who are ready to yell at you as soon as they see you with a dog off-leash, even in the middle of the woods.  I can usually always win them over with how well-behaved Sienna is, but it's really sad that so many dog owners have so little control over their animals and have made such a touchy situation for those of us who have worked so hard to make sure that our animals can safely enjoy the freedom that they should be allowed.

I agree with everything you said. My main reason for leashing my dog as much as I do is because of the reaction of other people, not my lack of control over my dog. It's taken 4 years of diligent and continuing training to reach this level of control though. Sitka is also trained to never get out of eye sight. Since most of our time/training is in dense woods that usually amounts to no more the 40-60 feet. In the open she has taken this distance to be the farthest she will get away from me even if eye sight distance is much further. It's been great with my daughter. Right now when we go for hikes her boundaries are she is not allowed to get further away then the dog.

My proudest doggy-parent moment was on a mountain bike ride. It was near dusk and the deer were very active. We passed a small heard (about 8 deer) on a downhill. Usually Sitka is 2 feet behind and 1 foot to the right or directly behind me depending on the trail, but I had opened a gap of about 30 feet on her because of the downhill. A buck ran directly across the trail between Sitka and I and she didn't stray from the trail or trying to get back on heel. It was awesome.
2010-04-05 3:11 PM
in reply to: #2769211

Lafayette, CO
megtrow - 2010-04-05 12:19 PM It is really sad how many people have been negatively affected by irresponsible pet owners.  So many people get dogs simply assuming that training a well-behaved dog is no big deal, thinking right away that they will be able to let their dog off-leash and maintain control.  This just isn't the case.  I recently had a friend adopt a small dog (<7lbs)... it was her first dog ever, and she decided to take it hiking [yes, she took a 7lb dog hiking in the mountains] three days after adopting it.  She then proceeded to let the dog off-leash, on a mountain trail, and he promptly got spooked by a bird and ran away.  They never found the poor little dog and I'm 100% positive he ended up as coyote food that night.  There are so many problems with this scenario, it's not even close to being funny. 

See, this is the type of control that makes me relax around an off leash dog.  If I can see the animal is well under control I'm fine with it.  It's the ones that run up to me sniffing or what not and the owner doesn't react or try to stop animal from approaching me in any way that irritate me.  And I don't blame you for being irritated that you're affected by the irresponsible ones. 

And the story about the small dog?  Unforgiveable. 
2010-04-05 4:40 PM

Extreme Veteran
Not sure how old your dog is, but I would not let your dog off leash without a super, super solid recall. It also depends a lot on the breed (again, not sure what breed he is). Some breeds shouldn't ever be let off leash. If he comes when you call him make sure to reward him a LOT to reinforce it.

One thing I have found is that when my (mutt) puppy was younger she was much more cautious of being away from us. As she gets older (7 months old now), she is getting bolder, and not as responsive with her recall as she was. If your dog is still a puppy that is something to watch out for.

x2 on all the people that suggest taking your dog to a fenced-in dog park. I try to take mine every other day if I have time.

Also x2 on people who have been approached by strange off leash dogs on runs. I started carrying mace with me because one too many dogs chased me while I was running. I have definitely been jumped on by overly friendly dogs and growled and barked at by some too, which is scary when you have no idea whose dog it is and there is no owner in sight to help you.

As a dog owner I HATE it when other dogs approach me off leash when I have my dogs. My shiba is leash-aggressive, which means when she is on a leash she will get snippy with your dog no matter how awesome and friendly your dog is. She weighs about 18 pounds so she could easily be hurt by another dog. So that is something to keep in mind too - not every dog or person out there wants to meet your dog, no matter how well behaved he is! I try hard to keep her away from other dogs when she is on her leash, but if the other dog is not on a leash there is only so much I can do.
2010-04-05 4:51 PM

Extreme Veteran
Auckland, NZ

I'm in NZ, so our laws will be completely different to yours. BUT, we seem to have a high rate of dog-mauling of humans here. We have had some absolutely horrific cases in the last few years, when dogs, some of which were legitimately off leashes in designated areas, have taken exception to the presence of a jogger/child/other dog and have reverted to wildness and mauled something/someone.

It's horrific for all, including the poor dog owners who have had no clue that their dog was about to behave in such an out-of-character way until it happened. In one case, the owners were jailed due to their dogs' behaviour. They couldn't have predicted it any more than the wee girl who has attacked. (She is very physically scarred now, as well as the emotional scarring).

You take a risk having your dog off the leash even in a dog park.

On another note, the mountainbike park that my husband and I ride in encourages families to ride as groups, which is fabulous. As you know, dogs are part of families, so we'll often come around a corner and find a dog lying on the track, or sniffing round in the brush beside the track. I can't count the number of flying dismounts that I've done avoiding a dog, or being surprised by one that has been called by its owner and is going cross-country to the sound.  As an athlete, you'll be aware of this, and I'm sure you will act responsibly with Mr. Maxwell Smart!

It's a tough one, when you are a responsible enough owner to be asking about this!

I'm a dog lover, and one for giving dogs a big fuss when they come up to me, but the rest of the world aren't necessarily that way. Furthermore, most people I know are as distressed about hurting a dog as they are about being hurt by one. Maybe don't put people in that position?

Give Max a pat for me, if you would.

2010-04-05 5:24 PM
in reply to: #2769753

Payson, AZ
brynn - 2010-04-05 2:40 PM  As a dog owner I HATE it when other dogs approach me off leash when I have my dogs. My shiba is leash-aggressive, which means when she is on a leash she will get snippy with your dog no matter how awesome and friendly your dog is. She weighs about 18 pounds so she could easily be hurt by another dog. So that is something to keep in mind too - not every dog or person out there wants to meet your dog, no matter how well behaved he is! I try hard to keep her away from other dogs when she is on her leash, but if the other dog is not on a leash there is only so much I can do.

This bugs the crap out of me as well.  I have a dog that is very dog aggressive and I can control him just fine when he is on leash but I can't control the other dog that is coming towards him.  I can guarantee a fight if that dog gets to mine.  I've seem my other dog chased after so many times with the owners yelling their bloody head off to the dog to come back and of course it never happens.  One lady freaked out so bad since apperently her dog is aggressive as well that it took a long time for my heart rate to settle back down again.  Can't imagine what it did to the dogs.  I am sure her screaming settled them down just fine.

If I am being responsible and have my dog on leash why can't you?  It's the law and my dog has a right to exercise as well.  Sadly I feel I cannot bring him out and I feel so bad about that.  He deserves to go out and walk down the side walk and sniff around and enjoy life as well.  And yes, we are training him to be less dog aggressive but that's not as easy as other dogs being on leash.  My other dog is getting plenty of run time however... 
2010-04-05 5:52 PM
in reply to: #2769358

2010-04-05 6:24 PM

Master
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Thanks everyone!  I truly appreciate all the responses and variables that go into it.....Max by the way is the most perfect Australian Shepherd

We do take Max to dog parks, doggie day care occasionally so he can play with the other dogs, dog obedience class and any other activity that can foster good obedience, control and socialization.  It was just interesting to me to see people with dogs off leash and curious about the phenomenon because it appears to be popular.

I intellectually understand there's a law and it shouldn't be broken.  I was more curious into the broad spectrum of COJ experience in this regard.

Thanks for the replies!

Edited by travljini 2010-04-05 6:31 PM
2010-04-05 6:38 PM
in reply to: #2769123

Elite
crusevegas - 2010-04-05 1:51 PM

2. When somoen has a dog off a leash  when I'm running my first thought is what are my outs and what can I do to protect myself if this dog attacks me,,,,,, I don't know the dog and I don't care that someone says he won't hurt you. I have to interupt my run to gauge my options.

3. Some children I know of have been attacked by dogs, yes the one's that have never attacked anyone and are totally freaked out by dogs and if they are un-leashed even more panic by this small boy.

4. Dogs are animals with instincts, runners will often trigger a prey or threat response in dogs.

You wouldn't care for my response if you were on the same running path as me with you dog offf the leash. 

Do the RIGHT thing!

Crusevegas, we are morphing into the same mind!  Agreement again. 

If there's a leash law, obey the law.

2010-04-05 6:55 PM
in reply to: #2769904

Pro
the Alabama part of Pennsylvania
ChineseDemocracy - 2010-04-05 7:38 PM
crusevegas - 2010-04-05 1:51 PM

Do the RIGHT thing!

Crusevegas, we are morphing into the same mind!  Agreement again. 

If there's a leash law, obey the law.

So I would be correct in assuming you two lovebirds never exceed the posted speed limit when driving?  Even when there is no cop around, or when most of the traffic is also cruising along 5-10 mph faster than the posted limit?

2010-04-05 7:55 PM
in reply to: #2769879

Ontario
You didn't say he was an AUSSIE!  Aussies aren't really dogs.  They're energetic affectionate hairy people, with amazing recall abilities. And it would be SOOOO much worse if anything happened to an Aussie.  Keep him safe despite how tempting it is.  I love my Aussies!
Your Max looks exactly like my Lily.  My other one is a merle.
2010-04-05 8:10 PM

Veteran
Bellingham, WA
People who don't obey leash laws annoy me.  I rescued my pup a few years ago and don't know his history.  His recall is not great, so I never have him off-leash.  When on-leash, he will totally ignore other leashed dogs.  He does not do well at all with off-leash dogs.  They often approach him and go in for the butt-sniff and he will voice his displeasure.  For this reason, we avoid the off-leash places.

Remember that your dog might be fine off-leash, but respect the other dog owners at the park that are trying to avoid unleashed dogs.
2010-04-05 9:21 PM
in reply to: #2769786

Master
Portland, Oregon
bzgl40 - 2010-04-05 3:24 PM
brynn - 2010-04-05 2:40 PM  As a dog owner I HATE it when other dogs approach me off leash when I have my dogs. My shiba is leash-aggressive, which means when she is on a leash she will get snippy with your dog no matter how awesome and friendly your dog is. She weighs about 18 pounds so she could easily be hurt by another dog. So that is something to keep in mind too - not every dog or person out there wants to meet your dog, no matter how well behaved he is! I try hard to keep her away from other dogs when she is on her leash, but if the other dog is not on a leash there is only so much I can do.

This bugs the crap out of me as well.  I have a dog that is very dog aggressive and I can control him just fine when he is on leash but I can't control the other dog that is coming towards him.  I can guarantee a fight if that dog gets to mine.  I've seem my other dog chased after so many times with the owners yelling their bloody head off to the dog to come back and of course it never happens.  One lady freaked out so bad since apperently her dog is aggressive as well that it took a long time for my heart rate to settle back down again.  Can't imagine what it did to the dogs.  I am sure her screaming settled them down just fine.

If I am being responsible and have my dog on leash why can't you?  It's the law and my dog has a right to exercise as well.  Sadly I feel I cannot bring him out and I feel so bad about that.  He deserves to go out and walk down the side walk and sniff around and enjoy life as well.  And yes, we are training him to be less dog aggressive but that's not as easy as other dogs being on leash.  My other dog is getting plenty of run time however... 

I worked with my dog for years (unsuccessfully) on being not dog aggressive while on leash. (Never even tried off leash.) I always wanted to punch the crap out of the people who yelled at me from 100 yards away, "Heeeeeee's frieeeeeeeeeennnndlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" as their dog came running up on us. My dog was about 30 pounds and as a corgi, had no tail. Other dogs consistently took his lack of visible greeting tail-wag as aggression and would start a fight immediately. My dog learned that any dog running up on him was going to attack and not surprisingly started to act accordingly. I can't tell you how many 'friendly' labradors and even a golden or two (usually mellow softies for heaven's sake) I had to literally kick off of my dog while their owners were SO sorry their unleashed 'friendly' animal attacked mine. And then were greatly offended and mighty huffy when I mentioned that there is a leash law.  Because of those people we spent probably 6+ years only walking our dogs at 9pm at night. Do not be one of those people. Why should the rest of us not exercise our dogs at all or have to walk late at night because YOU can't believe that rules don't apply to you?
2010-04-05 9:28 PM

Edited by Sharyn5 2010-04-05 9:29 PM
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Dog Owners: Parks & Dogs Off Leash Rss Feed  

of 3