General Discussion Race Reports! » Temple Historic District Bloomin' 5K and Fun Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Temple Historic District Bloomin' 5K and Fun Run - Run5k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Temple, Texas
United States
55F / 13C
Sunny
Total Time = 28m 42s
Overall Rank = 67/188
Age Group = F 50-54
Age Group Rank = 1/7
Pre-race routine:

Got up early and showered, dressed and had coffee and my bowl of oatmeal. Tammy and Kati came over for coffee about an hour before the race, and we walked up to the race start about a half hour before the start. Ate a GU and had some water, pre-race.
Event warmup:

None.
Run
  • 28m 42s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 14s  min/mile
Comments:

Set off fairly fast, and had to slow down just a little. HR was pretty high, but legs were feeling great. I checked my Garmin at each mile beep knowing I had to be below a 9:40/mile pace to come in under 30:00. Weather was great, nice and cool and for once I did not overdress!
What would you do differently?:

Nothing, this was a FANTASTIC race for me, a personal best!! Training this past week was perfect, legs were fresh.
Post race
Warm down:

None... sat down and fought off the puking feeling. Got chilly when the sweat cooled off. Waited about an hour and a half for awards, and finally had a bagel and some water.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing, I am pleased as punch with my run pace, almost a minute a mile off my previous best!

Event comments:

After waiting for an hour and a half for awards, knowing I did well and expecting to bring home a medal, the race people handed out awards to the top 3 OVERALL winners in each age group, NOT the top 3 male and female winners!! So of course the majority of winners were MEN, only a few women managed to place in the top 3. I was highly PO'd when the official race results came in and I had placed 1st in my age group!!! Running is my worst sport and I have made such huge strides and to not get my due sucks! I will be complaining to the race people!

Last updated: 2010-03-08 12:00 AM
Running
00:28:42 | 03.11 miles | 09m 14s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/7
Overall: 60/188
Performance: Good
Mile 1: 9:07 Mile 2: 9:24 Mile 3: 9:29 AHR: 170 MHR: 178 My Garmin registered the race a teeny bit short, my pace showed at 9:19.
Course: Paved, but hilly. Nice downhills led to equal uphills. Through my neighborhood, the Temple Historic District! Beautiful homes to look at!
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-04-10 1:13 PM

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Subject: Temple Historic District Bloomin' 5K and Fun Run

2010-04-13 9:59 AM
in reply to: #2782225

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Temple Historic District Bloomin' 5K and Fun Run
Way to go Hilde!!  Awesome work out there!! You must feel like a million bucks - and a an AG award! :D Seriously, who doesn't separate the awards by gender as well!? what's with that!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Temple Historic District Bloomin' 5K and Fun Run Rss Feed