General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ron Jon Cocoa Beach Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-04-11 6:59 PM

Subject: Ron Jon Cocoa Beach Triathlon
Anybody here doing the Cocoa Beach Triathlon this coming weekend (on April 18)? If so, does anybody want to help three triathlon newbies out? The story is this: myself and three old college buddies decided to fly to Florida for a weekend and enjoy Cocoa Beach for 3 days. I made the mistake of searching for a 5K road race in the area with an idea that doing so might be fun. I didn't find a local running race but did of course stumble upon the triathlon. I do triathlons myself, but my three friends, while athletes, have never done one before. Needless to say, within 24 hours, all 4 of us were registered for the triathlon, with me in charge of finding bikes for us. As of now, I have found one person who has kindly agreed to loan his road bike for the morning, but I'm still looking for three more bikes (2x56cm and 54cm ideally). Road bikes would obviously be ideal, but my friends are more looking to complete the race than anything else, so even a hybrid bike would work. So, if you're racing the Cocoa Beach Triathlon this coming Sunday and have an extra bike you wouldn't mind throwing on your bike rack, I would be super grateful (and we would be willing to provide post-race beers!). Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mike
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ron Jon Cocoa Beach Triathlon Rss Feed