General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Fastest Bike Fit Ever!!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-04-12 1:48 PM

User image

New user

Virginia Beach
Subject: Fastest Bike Fit Ever!!!!
Walked into the bike shop at 9:50a and walked out at 10:15a. All I needed was a shorter stem and off I went.
It's always nice to have a great bike shop and the guys at Fat Frogs in Va Beach are great! They really take care of there customers.

Now I just need to find some "hills" here in Virginia Beach to practice on, it's all flat around here. Waiting for my wetsuit to come and I will be jumping in to take a few swims before my sprint tri on May 1st.

Sorry, new to tri's and I'm very excited.

Hope everyone has a great day.

2010-04-12 1:52 PM
in reply to: #2785903

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Subject: RE: Fastest Bike Fit Ever!!!!
I'm glad you are happy with it.  I also hope it was free (fit and stem). 

Because if I paid for a fit, I would want them to spend a little more time with me to make SURE I needed a new stem instead of a saddle adjustment.
2010-04-12 1:56 PM

I would not be excited about a super fast bike fit. As I see it they just sold you a stem, not a fit.
2010-04-12 3:02 PM

User image

New user

Virginia Beach
No, it was a quality fit ... and no, did not have to pay for the stem. Everything just "fit" right, my positioning was great, just a little extended.
2010-04-12 4:54 PM
in reply to: #2786144

User image

Champion
the colony texas
congrats.. 

I often think that if the person is on the correct size frame to begin with, the fit goes quicker.  I"m more suspicious of the 90 min fit.  It's like they have to find something to change to justify it.  Sometimes it's just the matter of the bike fitting you to begin with, the fitter knowing that it's a good fit without any changes.

however

hopefully they allow you to come back in after a month or so of riding so you can give them feedback.  Thats where they can fine tune it a bit more.   Also did they check your shoe fit ??
2010-04-12 5:33 PM

User image

Master
My fitter must have been really bored the day I had my fitting. It took about an 1.5 hours and I really didn't have any major changes.He had me warm-up about 10-15 min and then starting flipping my gears to make sure I wasn't cheating. I was sweating bullets and he was eating a sandwich asking if I had any issues along the way. He checked some angles and used a plum-bob. The cleats were adjusted along with the aerobars and seat. I counted it as a workout.

2010-04-12 5:38 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Honolulu,
jason.baross - 2010-04-12 2:48 PM Walked into the bike shop at 9:50a and walked out at 10:15a. All I needed was a shorter stem and off I went.
It's always nice to have a great bike shop and the guys at Fat Frogs in Va Beach are great! They really take care of there customers.

Now I just need to find some "hills" here in Virginia Beach to practice on, it's all flat around here. Waiting for my wetsuit to come and I will be jumping in to take a few swims before my sprint tri on May 1st.

Sorry, new to tri's and I'm very excited.

Hope everyone has a great day.

You are going to have to do repeats on the Pungo Ferry Bridge to get some hills around VA Beach.
2010-04-12 6:26 PM

User image

New user
Roberio at Conte's is FIST certified and did my bike fit when I purchased my CD0.1. He told me to keep coming back for adjustments as I became more accustomed to the bike.

Only hills in Va Beach are on the Ft. Story Army Base, and they are short hills indeed.
2010-04-12 7:23 PM
in reply to: #2785932

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
bmxsykes - 2010-04-12 2:56 PM I would not be excited about a super fast bike fit. As I see it they just sold you a stem, not a fit.

I hate to be cynical, but I agree.  The guy who does my fits always has the person warm up for 10-15 minutes to settle into their natural riding position before he even starts checking measurements and angles.  Then he will make an adjustment and have them ride again for another 10 minutes so they settle back in, and he can see how it looks, and he keeps asking questions about how various things feel.  The last time I was in, he said "Wow, you've really changed your position since the last fit.  I moved your seat a lot."  I asked how much, and he said he moved it up and forward about 1 centimeter each. 

Yeah, he's a little anal, but you can't get that sort of attention to detail in 15 minutes of eyeballing someone's fit.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Fastest Bike Fit Ever!!!! Rss Feed