General Discussion Race Reports! » Demi-Marathon International de Québec Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Demi-Marathon International de Québec - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Quebec, Quebec
Canada
15C / 59F
Overcast
Total Time = 47m 14s
Overall Rank = 97/742
Age Group = 40-49
Age Group Rank = 17/99
Pre-race routine:

Not much, got up early and had a banana with some toast. Then I just stretched a bit while waiting for my friend to pick me up.
Event warmup:

Ran maybe two kilometer to warm up the legs.
Run
  • 47m 14s
  • 10 kms
  • 04m 43s  min/km
Comments:

I started at 4:30/km or so to see if I had enough training to beat 45 min, for the first 5km it was ok. But after that my speed started to fade slowly.

From the 6th to the finish line I ran with a girl and I shouldn't have. She was a bit slower than the pace I wanted to keep and even if it was fun to have someone to run with I did hurt my overall time by 45 sec maybe.

At kilometer seven I saw my daughter who was volunteer at a aid station. I was nice to grab a cup of water from her :)

I finished with a 4:39 pace which is not bad but not where I wanted it to be. I guess that those three months without running during the winter hurts more than I thought they would. I need to stay away from injuries next winter ;)
What would you do differently?:

Train more, my injury last winter did hurt me more than I expected. But I did a nice run with the training I had.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around, drank water and chocolate milk :) Then cheered on people who were finishing

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not enough training, but I knew it from the start

Event comments:

I like this race, always on time and the course is flat which is always nice :)

Last updated: 2010-04-11 12:00 AM
Running
00:47:14 | 10 kms | 04m 43s  min/km
Age Group: 17/99
Overall: 97/742
Performance: Good
Course: Nice flat course, same one where I ran the half mary last year. I really like it.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2010-05-02 11:13 AM

User image

Elite
Quebec, Canada
Subject: Demi-Marathon International de Québec
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Demi-Marathon International de Québec Rss Feed