General Discussion Race Reports! » Cincinnati Flying Pig Half Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Cincinnati Flying Pig Half Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Cincinnati, Ohio
United States
Flying Pig Marathon
70F / 21C
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 59m 28s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 56/778
Pre-race routine:

woke up at 4:15 to hear rain hitting the side of the house. Jim and kids stayed home for a number of reasons, work late, early rise and now, of course, the weather. So, headed down stairs to eat and get ready, headed out at 5:30. Rain stopped
Event warmup:

Got to Newport and rain started again, dressed in Hefty bag and tied Kroger bags to feet. Walked/run over bridge, potty break and made it to the start. At this point the weather got worse, thunder/lightening and just poured. About 30 seconds before start took bags off and in matter of minutes I was soaked.
Run
  • 1h 59m 28s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 07s  min/mile
Comments:

I didn't PR, but I'm ok with this. I ran a marathon 3 weeks ago, a little bit of allergy problems for the past week and of course, the weather. Hit some major puddles and I was soaking, but it was warm just a humid. I know I ran hard on the flats but the hills slowed me down, didn't really add a lot of hill training for the marathon, so it is what it is. I started out trying to run a PR, but I soon saw that wasn't going happen, so I just pushed to break 2 hours. DONE!
What would you do differently?:

The past two races I've done, I suffered from GI issues, I think I need to work on this, may try watered down Gatorade for a while.
Post race
Warm down:

Happy to have finished. Try to keep warm, just walked back over bridge into KY, called family, headed home.

Last updated: 2010-04-27 12:00 AM
Running
01:59:28 | 13.1 miles | 09m 07s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/778
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Garmin acting up, couldn't get data
Course: The course starts out by the river flat, over Taylor/Southgate bridge to Newport, over bridge to Covington , over bridge back into Cincinnati. Headed towards 7th and consistent climb the whole way, headed on some side streets to Eden park, more hills and then turn around, which was downhill to finish line.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-05-02 2:30 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Cincinnati Flying Pig Half Marathon

2010-05-03 1:36 PM
in reply to: #2831508

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Cincinnati Flying Pig Half Marathon
It was a tough day for a race, but I'm glad we got a chance to run the whole way. 
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Cincinnati Flying Pig Half Marathon Rss Feed