General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Seattle, San Juan Island and Points North Running / Biking Routes Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-06-06 3:55 PM

User image

Regular
Providence, RI
Subject: Seattle, San Juan Island and Points North Running / Biking Routes
Hello....

I'm travelling to Seattle starting on Friday June 11th and then heading north to San Juan Island via the Annacortes ferry on the afternoon of the 13th.

I'm hoping to do a 13 mile run on the morning of Saturday the 12th (8-9 minute pace) and a 30-50 mile bike (17-18mph average) on the morning of the 13th.  (I'm bringing my road bike out with me).  The run will be in Seattle and the bike can be anywhere between Seattle and Annarcortes.

Any recommendations on don't miss locations for either activity?  I'll have a rental car with me and I'll happily drive to a location if its worth it.  Anyone interested in joinining me?

Any triathletes on San Juan Island where I'll be spending the bulk of my time (there 13th-24th) who are looking for a running / riding partner?

Thanks for any info!

2010-06-06 4:21 PM
in reply to: #2903681

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
Subject: RE: Seattle, San Juan Island and Points North Running / Biking Routes
If you can arrange it, you might consider taking an earlier ferry and stopping on Lopez Island for your ride. You'd need to check the ferry schedule to see if its feasible. It is a very bike friendly island that is a unique experience. If you go to mapmyride.com and just search on Lopez Island you will get several routes just over 30 miles. In April, the Island hosts a large bike tour, the Tour de Lopez.

2010-06-06 4:45 PM
in reply to: #2903681

User image

Regular
Providence, RI
Subject: RE: Seattle, San Juan Island and Points North Running / Biking Routes
I'll be out on SJI for a week and a half so I'll definitely be doing some island hopping on the bike.  Especially as its free to go from island to island on the ferry with a bike.  I'll definitely plan a long ride on Lopez island.  Thanks!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Seattle, San Juan Island and Points North Running / Biking Routes Rss Feed