General Discussion Triathlon Talk » NYC-Chiro/PT Options Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-07-01 12:23 PM

User image

Long Beach
Subject: NYC-Chiro/PT Options
Can anyone give me a hand here- I have what I've been told is some hip displacement causeing IT band problems and knee pain making it pretty much imposible to run. IM KY is in 2 months. I need to run.

I've found some good chiros/therapist-One in Stamford after a race (too far), Duke Chiropractic (doesn't take insurance), Madison Ave (Chiro didn't do anything, PT didn't take insurance) and a slew of other Chiros in the area who don't even know what a triathlon is. It's something new with these people everytime-The last one was tight hamstrings, before that I needed orthodics and before that doing stim and cracking my back was about the extent of my visit. PT kind of worked but I do all the stretching and exercises by myself anyway.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a PT or Chiro?? Prefereably in the Grand Central Area and who has worked with triathletes before?

Thanks,

2010-07-01 1:22 PM
in reply to: #2956124

User image

Regular
NYC/South Jersey
Subject: RE: NYC-Chiro/PT Options
I can recommend Tim who took care of me when I was first diagnosed with Tendonitis and was looking to get ready for a Marathon. Tim and his staff got me healthy and I was able to race after having to pull out of a prior race. He is very knowledgeable and his staff is great. Give him a call or email him to get his opinion on your situation. Good Luck.

http://www.professionalpt.com/index.php~practiceId=10018&dir=personnel&lib=Personnel&personnelId=10034.html

2010-07-01 6:24 PM
in reply to: #2956124

User image

Regular
New York City
Subject: RE: NYC-Chiro/PT Options
Another person to check out is Saul Zion (www.zionphysicaltherapy.com). He is very competent, and is also a triathlete - competing in IMLP this year - so understands the end game. He's based on the UES.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » NYC-Chiro/PT Options Rss Feed