General Discussion Triathlon Talk » blurry vision? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-04-15 11:06 AM

User image

Veteran
San Diego CA
Subject: blurry vision?
I've worn contacts forever, and will admit that I wear the disposable ones way too long, but something weird happened this last week. Even with my glasses on my vision is very blurry at times. It seems better in the morning after a good night's sleep, and worse in the evening. I read somewhere that overtraining can cause blurry vision, or maybe it's just time to follow the directions on wearing my contacts the prescribed time. Will go to the eye doctors to check it out, but just wondering if anyone else has ever run across this. (Also husband out of town for 4 days leaving me with 4 kids under 9years old, plus one of their friends who seems to just about live here. STRESS?!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN SSTTRRESSSSS?!). thanks!

2004-04-15 11:38 AM
in reply to: #18577

User image

Expert
Mount Vernon, Iowa
Subject: RE: blurry vision?
You should definitely see the doctor. A friend of mine who ran a huge amount had a similar problem. It turned out that some part of his eye was literally shaking loose from all the impact. He had to stop running until it healed completely, and he still can't run as much as he used to, but it was that or go blind in that eye. Don't worry, that's probably not what's wrong with you - the doctor said it was very rare!

Carrie
2004-04-15 12:29 PM
in reply to: #18577

User image

Expert
Lafayette, CO
Subject: RE: blurry vision?

I, too, wear disposable contacts.  I've had some issues with them in the past.  First, I'd strongly recommend seeing your eye-doctor; your prescription might have changed.  If that's not the issue: get some Alcon.  Allergies are typically getting worse this time of year, and you might need the Alcon do help alleviate any eye problems.  (This is what happened to me, and the Alcon works great - just like Visine, but better for contacts.)

DO NOT wear them longer than you're supposed to.  I've also had an eye infection due to this, and that was not fun.  Clean them regularly, too.  Just get the enzyme tablets that you can drop in overnight.  I've got 30-day contacts, and I use them once every 2 weeks.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » blurry vision? Rss Feed