General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Commuting into DT St. Paul Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-07-28 2:26 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Paul, MN
Subject: Bike Commuting into DT St. Paul
I'm wanting to try bike commuting into Downtown St. Paul a couple days a week.  I will be coming from the park 'n ride at Highway 61 and Lower Afton Road (by Woodbury/South Maplewood).  My plan was to head in on the Mississippi National River Trail and along Werner Rd./Shepard Road.  I need to get up into downtown and end up on Wabasha.  The only way I know of to get up above the river road is to head up Sibley.  Is there a better way up by Robert or Wabasha? 

I'm hoping to do a dry run this weekend to figure out my time up. 

2010-07-28 4:30 PM
in reply to: #3010510

User image

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Bike Commuting into DT St. Paul

I've wanted to do this too, so please let me know how it goes! I live in Hastings and work on St. Peter Street, so my route would be the same. (Drive to Lower Afton park and ride and then bike from there.)

One other way you might go is to stay on the trail along Shepard until you get down by the Science Museum and then back track a little back into downtown. It might be a little farther distance-wise, but it would avoid the complete construction mess in the blocks around Robert/Jackson/Cedar etc.

2010-07-28 4:45 PM
in reply to: #3010842

User image

Veteran
St. Paul, MN
Subject: RE: Bike Commuting into DT St. Paul
I was considering that route back by the Science Museum too.  I drive up by way of Sibley but it scares me to think of being on a bike through there.  Morning driving from there to along Kellogg seems a bit nuts and I'm afraid of being run down simply because of not being seen.  I also considered the option of going up to Indian Mounds Park (or whatever it's called), but haven't figured those logistics yet. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Commuting into DT St. Paul Rss Feed