General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bee Line Hwy - safe for bike ride? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-02 9:59 AM

User image

Expert
Sugar Hill, GA
Subject: Bee Line Hwy - safe for bike ride?
I'm not from the area but need a bike route from Palm Beach Gardens area.  From what I recall, Bee Line Hwy had some traffic but I don't remember it being too bad.

Since I don't know the area, I like the idea of a straight out and back.  Let me know if I'm crazy for thinking about this route.

If I am crazy, do you have other suggested routes?

thanks.

2010-08-02 10:59 AM
in reply to: #3018090

User image

Extreme Veteran
South Florida
Subject: RE: Bee Line Hwy - safe for bike ride?
I live in the area and I wouldn't suggest it, it is just way to remote of a area for me and the cars are going very fast. Look into riding south on AIA.
2010-08-02 11:38 AM

User image

Definitely crazy I wouldn't do it. Too much traffic moving way too fast.
2010-08-02 12:06 PM

New user

The cars are going pretty fast on Bee Line. Most triathletes ride from Loggerhead Park in Juno Beach on Ocean Drive and go north. You will come out on US 1 and just go over the bridge and take the next right which puts you on Jupiter Island. It's an absolutely beautiful ride with almost no traffic. Don't know how far you plan on riding. If you are going long, just keep on that road. At one point there is a fork in the road and just stay to the right. It will bring you out to Bridge Road. You can pull into the parking lot there and use the restroom and refill from the water fountain. If you want to go further up, when you leave the rest area just go straight up. You will cross over another little bridge and get to a traffic light. At the light take a right and follow that all the way to the end. Take a left and a quick right and follow that to the dead end and turn around and come back. That's probably about 45 or so.

If you want more you can always just go further up by simply coming out of the rest area and not turning right at the light but going straight thru. You will come to U.S. 1 and just ride that up north a little further.

2010-08-02 12:46 PM

User image

Expert
Sugar Hill, GA
Thanks everyone for the suggestions.  I'm now sure that I'll stay of Bee Line.  Seems like this will be a much nicer ride.
2010-08-03 8:35 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Stuart
Hit the beach. Almost everyone rides out there. You can go north as far as you want or south. Cars see alot more cyclist along the beach roads. You start heading west no one is used to seeing you. Hook up with any of the bike shops if you want to get in a group ride. jtown bikes in Juno is a good place to start.

2010-08-09 5:10 AM

New user

It depends. Do you  or are you generally a lone rider?  What's your goals when it comes to cycling? Distance? Intervals? Are you a cyclist? Have you got a cellphone, tubes, water? The Beeline no more or less exciting than any other riding venue in PBC.  If  you're looking for steady miles up to say Indiantown, why not give it shot. Yes the demographics will be different on the Beeline versus A1A, on the other hand, you're possibly restricting yourself as a cyclist. Good luck.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bee Line Hwy - safe for bike ride? Rss Feed