General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Hook Up in Savannah Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-07 3:57 PM

User image

Veteran
Washington, Georgia
Subject: Swim Hook Up in Savannah
Can anyone tell me the best place to get in a swim workout in Savannah?  Traveling there on business at the end of the month.  I will be staying downtown, and hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  I know there are several YMCAs near downtown, but want to avoid crowds and the unknown. Not sure if I will be swimming in the evenings or morning yet.  Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks 

2010-08-07 5:58 PM
in reply to: #3029350

User image

Atlanta (BUTThead)
Subject: RE: Swim Hook Up in Savannah
Chatham County Aquatic Club or something like that.  It is between Montgomery Crossroads and Eisenhower.  They have a ton of lanes but most are taken up by swim teams.  But the lanes are wide so sharing isn't a problem which I haven't needed to share yet.

And the Savannah River is I think 300meters across from River St to the Westin.  Not saying to do it but just sayin.

Here you go
http://www.chathamcounty.org/pwps_aquatic.html

Edited by AtlRadTech 2010-08-07 5:59 PM
2010-08-09 6:31 AM
in reply to: #3029441

New user
Savannah, GA
Subject: RE: Swim Hook Up in Savannah
AtlRadTech - 2010-08-07 6:58 PM
And the Savannah River is I think 300meters across from River St to the Westin.  Not saying to do it but just sayin.

That would be a fun game of dodge the shipping lanes!

I swim at the aquatic center as well. If you go early or late enough, you can miss the swim teams. I rarely have to share a lane. You can call ahead to see what times swim practice are.

There are also some open water swims wednesday night, depending on your skill level if you're interested in that (and depending on the days of your trip).

Edit: Also, the Y pools are all outside, and generally only have a few lanes available. Right now that water is pretty hot, and you have to play dodge the thunderstorms (which haven't been as bad this summer as some years past).

Edited by beckjon 2010-08-09 6:32 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Hook Up in Savannah Rss Feed