Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Iron Mountain Oly vs Cultus Lake Oly Bike Course Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-08 9:41 PM

Vancouver, British Columbia
Subject: Iron Mountain Oly vs Cultus Lake Oly Bike Course
Hi,

I did the Iron Mountain Oly in June and the bike course is fairly hilly, how does this compare to the Cultus Lake bike course?

While I am asking, what is the Cultus Lake run course like?....the results from last year say it was 8km, is this correct?

Thanks

Steve

2010-08-08 11:55 PM
in reply to: #3030876

User image

Regular
Vancouver
Subject: RE: Iron Mountain Oly vs Cultus Lake Oly Bike Course
Hi Steve,

I have a friend who did the sprint distance at Cultus last year. He said the run was flat, flat, flat! The run distance for the sprint last year was 4 kms, not sure if the Oly is two laps of the same course or not. Not sure what the bike course would be like.
I did the Oly bike leg for a relay team at Iron Mountain this year and I seriously doubt if Cultus Lake will be as hilly.

Good luck,

Riel
2010-08-09 3:51 PM

User image

New user

The run is pretty flat and the finish is on a slight downhill.  The bike has a couple of hills...a big one right out of transition and a big one coming back into Cultas Lake....it's downhill into transition though.  They changed the oly course last year and it is two loops...not sure if they will go back to the original course.  Something to keep in mind could be pretty windy out on the flats of the course.
2010-08-09 10:41 PM

Vancouver, British Columbia
Hi Riel / Nat

Thanks for the info on the course.

All being well, I will do Cultus Lake in September and then will concentrate on the Oliver HIM / Iron Mountain and Cultus Olypic races next year

Cheers

Steve
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Iron Mountain Oly vs Cultus Lake Oly Bike Course Rss Feed