General Discussion Race Reports! » Memorial Hermann Bridgeland Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Memorial Hermann Bridgeland Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Cypress, Texas
United States
On Ur Mark
Total Time = 1h 12m 20s
Overall Rank = 25`/750
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 4/97
Pre-race routine:

Sleept very bad. My 3 year old decided on Friday that he is now scared to sleep in his room. Saturday night he came in our room no less that 3 times to let us know he wanted to sleep in the bed. His last time was 3:30 when my alarm was set for 4am. I got up ate my PB&J then loaded up the tahoe for the hour drive over to Cypress. Could not believe the lot was full when we arrived. I took my gear and walk to t1/t2. I finally found my spot and set up. I ended up going back to the tahoe to walk my wife and son up. She is due anyday so I thought I would cater as well as I could, while trying to stay focused (yes she was in a bad mood).
Event warmup:

Walking my wonderful wife to the race site. Also standing in the portacan line (I almost did not get to lighten up). I did think of swimming and doing some running to get the HR up and legs loose.

Swim
  • 09m 13s
  • 500 meters
  • 01m 50s / 100 meters
Comments:

I waited in knee deep water until the 10 second countdown. I got off the bank just before the horn so I could get out hard and not get cought in the fight. I was expecting a little better swim. I stayed towards the front most of the time and I cought the tail end of the wave in front. I thought for sure I had a better poace, but maybe I had a bad line or was just slower.
What would you do differently?:

I guess swim closer to the bouy line. I thought the turn was going to be sharper so my line was just to the left. I did this thinking I would be in the MOP, but I guess I was wrong.
Transition 1
  • 01m 25s
Comments:

I did everything right, but I could not get my helmet strap on. WTH? I tried 4 times, then I laughed out loud.

Have my 3 year old teach me how to clip my helmet on.
Bike
  • 35m 19s
  • 14 miles
  • 23.78 mile/hr
Comments:

This is where my race started to get good. I looked down when I hit fry thinking there would be no way I could hold the pace I started with. So I did what anyone would do, I speed up-LOL. I tried to push the biggest gear I could around 95-100 rpms. I was much faster than I thought I would be, but this is just another lesson learned in my 4th race.

Ride harder. My legs did not hurt off the bike and my HR felt low, so I know I could have pushed harder.
Transition 2
  • 00m 53s
Comments:

not too bad
Run
  • 25m 28s
  • 3.5 miles
  • 07m 17s  min/mile
Comments:

Coming off the bike I was expecting to be spent, but I was in better shape than expected. At the time I was relieved about it, but when I saw the results I was trying to find the missed seconds from podium. I felt good enought to yell at Ritter, Stephen and Trent at the end of there run. They were hitting the 3mile marker and I wished I was them. I was very hot at the begining and I was happy to find shade in the back. Early I was trying to keep a decent pace and finish strong the last mile. Well I ended up finishing strong the last 1/4- half a mile. This was my fastest run split in the 3 sprints I have done. It was also only 30 seconds faster than my marathon pace- this puzzles me (only 1)

I think it is better for me to see the distance tick off on my garmin rather than waiting for markers on the course. Intervals are on the menu
Post race
Warm down:

told my wife thank you and I was sorry for the way I acted before the race (she could not read the red font).

Event comments:

Last year was my first and I raced in the clyde division. This year I am still 215, but I wanted to race in the AG for different reasons. I told my wife I was secretly hoping to have my ass handed to me today so maybe I would not be so competitive. She then reminded me I said I would be in at 1:16 on a great day. Well now I need to train harder not just to make up the :19 I missed 3rd place, but the 2:19 I missed 1st (assuming there is an elite/invatational wave). I did tell her if she lets me keep training hard I promised her a trip to Kona before I stop TRIing.

I wish we would have had a meet n great, but maybe next year.

Last updated: 2010-06-05 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:09:13 | 500 meters | 01m 50s / 100meters
Age Group: 9/97
Overall: 0/750
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:25
Performance:
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:35:19 | 14 miles | 23.78 mile/hr
Age Group: 5/97
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:53
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:25:28 | 03.5 miles | 07m 17s  min/mile
Age Group: 5/97
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2010-08-09 7:50 PM

Master
Montgomery, Tx
Subject: Memorial Hermann Bridgeland Triathlon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Memorial Hermann Bridgeland Triathlon Rss Feed