General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Beginner 1/2 Ironman Plan Group Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 150

2015-02-02 6:25 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Subject: RE: Beginner 1/2 Ironman Plan Group
You seem to be all alone here Pops! I am debating starting this plan or keep going doing my own thing. I Like the structure of the plan but I'd have to juggle the schedule to fit my reality so to speak.

2015-02-02 7:40 PM
in reply to: Goggles Pizzano

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by Goggles Pizzano You seem to be all alone here Pops! I am debating starting this plan or keep going doing my own thing. I Like the structure of the plan but I'd have to juggle the schedule to fit my reality so to speak.

Do you have a specific race you're training for?

2015-02-02 7:54 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Two HIMs this year, first the end of June and then in September. Loosely planning on June race as a trial and Sept as A race
2015-02-25 2:24 AM
in reply to: Goggles Pizzano

User image

Harare
Hey guys...thought I'd chime in. Signed up for Savageman 70 (can I still follow the plan if I'm not doing the final .3?!?!) The race isn't until September, so the BT plan doesn't start until May. Thankfully I live in the Southern Hemisphere so I'm missing all of the wonderful weather you folks in the US are now enjoying. I'm just ramping up my training right now, doing an Oly at the end of March, and planning on base-building and hill repeats throughout April so I'm ready to start the BT plan in May.

This will be my second HIM, after Eagleman two years ago. I followed the same plan for that, and had a great race. Look forward to hearing how everyone's training goes this season.
2015-02-27 1:26 PM
in reply to: Danielfberlin

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Just about through week 5 or 16 depending on how you read these.  I like to track weeks into the plan not weeks until the race.  Anyway, 5 weeks into the plan is usually where I make some significant revisions.  With two easy 30 minute runs and a 60 run it is much lighter than I like for a week.  But as fate would have it I have a very sore foot and have not been able to run.  It's been a swim/bike focus this week which actually has been pretty good.  Nothing like multiple consecutive days in the pool to make gains.  I'm getting a little sick of the trainer but at this point I'm just really thankful my foot is not hampering my ability to swim or bike.

Turned my Wednesday 2000 yard continuous swim into a 2100 yard HIM pacing session to see where I was at.  Was thrilled at 35:30 with a medium hard effort.  If I can get that on race day I'd be more than happy.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Beginner 1/2 Ironman Plan Group Rss Feed  

of 150