Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 16

2014-05-01 1:59 AM
in reply to: a.sayler3

User image

Co Louth, Ireland
Subject: RE: Beginner Full Ironman Plan Group--BT IM Plan
Originally posted by a.sayler3

I have been using the BT IM plan for about 10 weeks. I am feeling a little nervous about the number of biking hours. I am on the recovery week of my base 1. I have previously been upping the hours. I am going into theme weeks next week. Has anyone else altered this plan to include more biking hours? I feel strong on the run (I've always been a runner) and I feel as though I have good endurance with the swim. The bike has caused me a lot of nervous stress! I am doing my first IM in Placid in July, so I am a little nervous because of all the climbs!

Thanks!

Biking would be my weakest leg too and caused me a lot of concern going into my first on aswell. I stuck to the beginner plan almost exactly but tried to mirror the actual race route on my training rides which definately helped both fitness wise and mentally. I wasn't overly confident of any of the 3 disciplines hence not adjusting.
On race day I was surprised how well the bike leg went - took a huge chunk off my predicted time without suffering too much more on the run. Remember that you will be a lot fresher going into your race that you are currently due to the taper which will also help.

Best of luck with it all - make sure to let us know how your getting on!

Graham

2014-05-01 8:59 AM
in reply to: grahamclarke_6

Subject: RE: Beginner Full Ironman Plan Group--BT IM Plan
Hearing that makes me feel a lot better! I am sticking to the plan almost exactly. I have been adding on some time just because I have a knack for getting lost out on the bike! haha
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Beginner Full Ironman Plan Group Rss Feed  

of 16