General Discussion Triathlon Talk » OWS in St. Augustine? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-30 11:58 AM

Subject: OWS in St. Augustine?
I'm going down to St. Augustine tonight for a week and I'd love to get in a few OWS.

Where is the best place in the St. Augustine area?  I'm planning on going out in the ocean but there will be a Hurricane spinning offshore later in the week so I'm anticipating waves at the beach.  I'm guessing there is a good place on the Intracoastal.

Thanks in advance.

2010-08-30 3:17 PM
in reply to: #3071379

New user
Subject: RE: OWS in St. Augustine?
Might want to try Crescent Beach as that is where the Halifax meets the Atlantic so you could swim on the Halifax side and be somewhat shielded. And it really is a nice beach. I live on Flagler Beach and I still want to drive up there to swim all the time. All in all though, I really dont know if anything will help with these storms. Its probably going to be really rough anywhere.
2010-08-30 11:35 PM
in reply to: #3071916

Thanks for the reply.  We are actually staying right on Crescent Beach so that works perfectly.  I brought my surfboard down so if I can't get any swims in I'll still get some good cardio out in the water.

Is there a particular park or launching point for a swim on the Hallifax side or do you just go from the beach?

SpursNole
2010-08-31 10:26 AM
in reply to: #3072684

New user
I dont really have any particular route there. Now that you mention it though, I should. I was using Marineland's buoys for marker and spotting training and I need to work on that. I dont remember if there is much that will work for that out at Crescent but be mindful of boats. I dont think believe that is a no-wake zone.
2010-09-08 7:12 AM
in reply to: #3071379

New user
Were you able to find any good spots?
2010-09-08 8:41 AM
in reply to: #3086778

User image

Veteran
bummer wish I would have caught you I live in st. augustine beach and its good to swim from like a street to the pier and back but depends on the surf. I usually have my husband paddle along side me hope you had a good trip!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » OWS in St. Augustine? Rss Feed