General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Monster Dash Half Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-09-06 5:32 PM

User image

Subject: Monster Dash Half Marathon
Who is doing it? 

Here is a link to the website: http://www.chicagomonster.org/

The gear looks to be great and I kind of have a fun idea. I think I am going to make this more of a fun run for me. It would be fun to dress up in a costume and interact with the crowd and all of that fun stuff.

I am looking for people who might be interested in dressing up in some sort of a themed costume. I kind of have this crazy idea where I would get a bunch of people to dress up in Ghostbuster Uniforms (runner friendly) and do the run together...get a few other people to dress up as ghosts (plus you know lots of other runners will be dressed up like monsters) and just have some fun with the participants and crowd. If I got a few people to go in on it I would get a ghostbuster shirt printed...

I think it would be fun .  Most of my friends aren't runners...So I am looking for anyone who is up to have some fun and make it more of a social run.

Even if you don't want to dress up like a ghost or ghostbuster...anyone else looking at possibly participating in this half marathon?

2010-09-07 8:16 AM
in reply to: #3084089

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Subject: RE: Monster Dash Half Marathon
Great idea!  We already have our costumes or I would totally join you!  Make sure to take lots of pix.  We'll see you out there.  I hope you get a ton of ghosts to run with you!  Q
2010-09-14 11:18 AM

User image

Chicago
As of now a few friends and I are 'training' for it but we haven't signed up.  Just having a hard time pulling the trigger when I know I'm going to want to go out the night before...

Anyways, if we do it we are thinking of going as our favorite food.  Ya, I know...  anyways, I'm probably going as a giant bag of popcorn and my other friend is considering going as a piece of pizza!

2010-09-14 6:24 PM

User image

I would love to see someone in a pizza costume running through Grant Park... It is kind of unlucky that Halloween Eve is that Saturday Night since I am probably going to have that same battle. Getting up for a Sunday morning half marathon after that Saturday night is going to be...interesting? I like the food idea...someone better be representing the tacos. If I were the people behind you chasing a taco would definitely motivate me to to keep up
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Monster Dash Half Marathon Rss Feed