General Discussion Race Reports! » Bonney Lake "Labor of Love" Triathlon - Olympic Course Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Bonney Lake "Labor of Love" Triathlon - Olympic Course - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Bonney Lake, Washington
United States
BuDu Racing
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 18m 33s
Overall Rank = 18/100
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 3/7
Swim
  • 23m 28s
  • 1640 yards
  • 01m 26s / 100 yards
Comments:

Swim time includes a rather long run to T1. Interesting things... I only got clocked once, half-way through the first lap. Looked like there was a big gap ahead of me, and I saw no one else near me... Then suddenly there was a guy beside me who just swam right into me. Hit the back of my head on his recovery, and would NOT move away. And as I rounded the buoy for to start the second lap, the guy in front of me must have kicked the line, because the buoy started drifting along side me. FAST!
Transition 1
  • 01m 31s
Comments:

Not the smoothest transition, but it was okay. I had to stop one guy that started out the wrong direction. I need to trim off some of the bottom of my wetsuit to help with getting it off my feet. I'm not a "leave the shoes in the pedals" kind of rider, so I ran out in my bike shoes. Not a problem though.
Bike
  • 1h 03m 8s
  • 20.95 miles
  • 19.91 mile/hr
Comments:

Race distance was not 22 miles, and this is what I got for distance. Ride was kind of hilly. Add the winds (which never became a tail wind), and it was a hard ride. Stayed aero except for the steepest of the uphills, and came out on the corners as well. Only got passed by 2 people, and one of them was a sprint racer (passed me like I was standing still -- turned out to be the winner of the sprint).
Transition 2
  • 01m 5s
Comments:

I used some of my light training shoes this time, so no elastic laces -- had to TIE my shoes in transition. Yeah, slowed me down, but I knew I wasn't vying for the overall anyway.
Run
  • 49m 21s
  • 6.3 miles
  • 07m 50s  min/mile
Comments:

This was an almost brutal run course. Not much in the way of flat road. In fact in one section, it seemed they added two turns JUST to get in another hill. But... I did well. Walked through the water stations (so I didn't end up wearing the water). About 2 miles in I realized I'd left my number in transition... Was passed by 3 others after the 5K course split off, and they were going smooth. I just kept within myself. Blister formed on my left foot, but I didn't let it bother me. Pushed hard the last 3/4 mile or so. Came through the chute yelling my number so the back-up systems could get me into results (though the chip worked fine).
Post race

Last updated: 2010-09-07 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:23:28 | 1640 yards | 01m 26s / 100yards
Age Group: 3/7
Overall: 16/100
Performance: Good
Swim time includes a rather long run to T1.
Suit: Nineteen sleeveless
Course:
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 67F / 19C Current: Low
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:31
Performance:
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Yes Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
01:03:08 | 20.95 miles | 19.91 mile/hr
Age Group: 4/7
Overall: 15/100
Performance:
Wind: Some
Course:
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:05
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:49:21 | 06.3 miles | 07m 50s  min/mile
Age Group: 5/7
Overall: 35/100
Performance:
Course: Hilly!
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2010-09-07 9:37 AM

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
Subject: Bonney Lake "Labor of Love" Triathlon - Olympic Course
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Bonney Lake "Labor of Love" Triathlon - Olympic Course Rss Feed