General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Rob Vigorito the Columbia Triathlon director severely injured in bicycle accident Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-10-11 11:14 AM

User image

Expert
MD
Subject: Rob Vigorito the Columbia Triathlon director severely injured in bicycle accident
I got the following e-mail today - keep Rob & his family in your thoughts & prayers.

Rob Vigorito was in Hawaii for the Ironman World Championship. He was seriously injured in a bicycle accident Wednesday in Kona, Hawaii. He was there for Saturday's Ironman World Championship.

While trying to avoid a truck that had pulled in front of him on the Queen K Highway, Vigorito wound up going over his handlebars and into the truck.

According to an e-mail sent by his wife, Sharon, “Vigo” has nine broken ribs, several that are multiple breaks. He also has a fractured scapula, a pneumothorax and a lacerated lip.

“The thought is that he will be in pretty severe pain for about a month,” Sharon wrote.

Vigorito has been transferred to a trauma center in Honolulu, in part to help with the pain management and in case any surgical intervention is required.

“We are thankful he does not have a head or neck injury and is not dead,” Sharon wrote.

2010-10-11 11:26 AM
in reply to: #3144949

User image

Master
Fulton, MD
Subject: RE: Rob Vigorito the Columbia Triathlon director severely injured in bicycle accident

There's a little bit more info in the Maryland forum, including an update.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=49#s

My thoughts and prayers go out to Robert and his family.  I've talked to him several times now, and he always seems like a great guy. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Rob Vigorito the Columbia Triathlon director severely injured in bicycle accident Rss Feed