General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » brand new to training for a triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-11-06 4:52 PM

New user

Huntington west Virginia
Subject: brand new to training for a triathlon
My name is John Lentz and I live in Huntington, WV.  I'm an ex Navy diver who just joined the Masters swimming program but don't have a local Master's club in this town.  I just got married last Saturday and next week will turn 62 years old.  I belong to a local YMCA and I want to start training at a conservative pace, so I  can be ready to do my first triathlon in 2011.  I am very out of shape...couch potato and want to do this right.

I need advise as to what program to join in the beginner triathlete web, and any other info you all can provide me?  I have all my equipment to include tri bike, etc but REALLY need help to do this right.

thank you,
John
[email protected]

2010-11-06 6:47 PM
in reply to: #3198639

User image

Expert
Tyrone, Georgia
Subject: RE: brand new to training for a triathlon
Welcome John, I am originally from Ripley, WV but now living in Deep Creek, MD.  There are a lot of good programs on here, both free and paid for.  What distances are you wanting to go for? 
2010-11-06 10:50 PM

Subject: Have a question??

Need help.  Have a training buddy who was going to do IronMan Arizona, but could not get in.  Instead, he is going to do the swim at his club, ride the trail, and bang out the 26.2 on a treadmill.  This will all be supervised under a qualified trainer for his times and all, but I am not sure if I should acknowledge it as a true accomplishment since it is not a sanctioned event?  He says that 26.2 on a treadmill is mind numbing enought to make it credible and since a licensed trainer will certify the times..he is still stepping up.  Does anyone have any thoughts?

2010-11-09 4:54 PM

New user

Huntington west Virginia
Subject: RE: brand new to training for a triathlon
I want to start out with a Sprint triathlon.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » brand new to training for a triathlon Rss Feed