General Discussion Triathlon Talk » weight loss slowing, but weight moving around in a good way Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-11-08 6:05 AM

User image

Master
Just South of Boston
Subject: weight loss slowing, but weight moving around in a good way
I've lost a grand total of about 5 pounds in the past month (partly due to crappy workouts). But one thing I have noticed  as this 'slowing' has happened. I've lost 2 more inches off my waist (now down 6 inches since getting off the couch) and they seem to have migrated north, something I attribute to my increased swimming. I'm not complaining at all, but I still have a noticeable, but much smaller, tire about the middle I'd love to get rid of.

My question is this -- to continue working off the tire, I plan on continuting to keep what I've been doing (eat better, work out, run a calorie deficit). Does this sound reasonable or is there something different I should be doing now that I've lost much of my 'extra' weight I had?

2010-11-17 9:39 PM
in reply to: #3200032

Regular
Conejo Valley
Subject: RE: weight loss slowing, but weight moving around in a good way
I've dropped over 70 pounds in 19 months now and have found reformer pilates incredibly helpful to tighten up the abs/belly/thighs.  I do that two times a week for an hour at a time and on top of that I've gone to 2x a day workouts four days a week.  Good luck to you!
2010-11-18 8:49 AM

User image

Veteran
Pilates definitely helped me too.

I'm not sure what your definition of "eat better" is, but I realized for me, personally, carbs - esp refined, simple carbs really attribute to belly fat.

When I fully cut out all simple carbs, and was down to about 1-2 servings of healthy carbs (oatmeal, brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat pasta (NOT whole grain or multi grain)) I notice a big difference in my midsection.

I know people say you can't "spot lose" - and I agree, but those two things really seemed to work for me.
2010-11-19 10:26 AM

User image

AWESOME WORK MIKE.

Don't worry about the slow down... Remember that as you gain streght and lose weight, your body doesn't need to strain itself as much to perform the same routines... So it's normal for the weightloss to fluctuate... Especially if the workouts were not as good as usual.

About you Michelin Man Tires... I suffered from the same evil... I know the feeling...

2 things that my coach asked me to keep in mind...

1 - That will disappear with time and weight loss.
2 - Work you core... ALOT...

Now... What he explained to me is that working the core will not remove the fat from there... But it will tone everything else and make it look better as your weight loss progresses.

I have been using BeachBody's Insanity as my main core work... It's tough, but it works.

Keep going strong...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » weight loss slowing, but weight moving around in a good way Rss Feed