Steve Prescott
55F / 13C
Sunny
Total Time = 24m 35s
Overall Rank = 16/112
Age Group = 40-49
Age Group Rank = 1/23
Pre-race routine:

Got up fairly early ate eggs and diet coke. Dropped Jim off at boot camp and I took kids to race. Small race at local church, I seemed to know allot of people there which was odd.
Event warmup:

I wore shorts and long sleeve shirt, which was fine. I did a short run out and back.
Run
  • 24m 35s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m 54s  min/mile
Comments:

I haven't run a 5k in a year and guess got slow on thinking this process through. I started out fast with the first mile being 7.13,( speed w/o have been at 7.35) which, at the time, I was happy with, however, that changed at the turnaround where the Garmin was reading 7.35 and at the second mile was 7.55, which was bad. After the 2nd mile the course was all up hill and best I could do was 8.33 pace to finish. 11 seconds faster then my last time on this course.
What would you do differently?:

not go out so fast.
Post race
Warm down:

walked around with kids, Conor ate three pieces of pizza, I ate a banana and guzzled three bottles of water.

Event comments:

This was a super race for a small church. They had turkeys to top runners, 100$ gift cards, pies and then of course, medals to all top runners. The course is hard, and I know I really need to work on legs with weights,lunges and squats, which I am doing. I hope to be a little faster at next months 5k. After race activites were also great, they had a one mile run course and a kid fun run. They also had pizza, Izzy Sandwiches, fruit and bagels. I would do the race again.

Last updated: 2010-09-02 12:00 AM
Running
00:24:35 | 03.11 miles | 07m 54s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/23
Overall: 16/112
Performance: Good
Course: course was out and back on Turkeyfoot Road. The first mile is down hill and flat for the next mile and slow steady climb for last mile.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes