Canadian Triathlon Forum Quebec » Looking for a swimming team to train with in Montreal Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2010-11-19 7:45 AM

Subject: Looking for a swimming team to train with in Montreal
Hi,

I am looking for a swimming team to train with in Montreal. I live in the Downtown side of Montreal. Does anyone knows if there is a team which i could join and train with? Having a coach with the team would be the best.

I have tried looking at the websites given in other treads and most of them are in French and i cannot understand french.

Would really appreciate if anyone could help me.

Thanks!

2013-09-14 7:31 PM
in reply to: minmin

Subject: RE: Looking for a swimming team to train with in Montreal
If you`re willing to drive out to the West Island, there are master programs offered at the Pointe Claire pool (99% english). They are a little pricey. but amazing workouts.
2015-10-03 9:00 AM
in reply to: minmin

Subject: RE: Looking for a swimming team to train with in Montreal
I'd like to help you more but the site I found is in not translated. Montreal has a centralized database of sports and activities. They do a horrible job publicizing it however so you have to know it exists to find it.

I know you said you don't understand french but with a bit of luck you will recognize the city names and be able to determine which ones are english and which ones are french. Once you get the interesting ones, you will have the name and phone of the clubs with the possibility of calling them. (the question mark)

I pre-filtered the site for "natation" which is basically the swimming discipline/technique.

https://loisirsenligne.ville.montreal.qc.ca/LudikIC2Prd/Pages/Anonym...

Again, I'd like to be able to help you better.

p.s. Most poeple in Montreal speak english and french. they just have more ease expressing in a language then the other. if you learn some french rudiments, people will not judge you by the quality of your french but rather the effort you put in to recognise them in their language. On the plus side, nothing is sexier then a person speaking your language with a foreign accent.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Quebec » Looking for a swimming team to train with in Montreal Rss Feed