General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cervelo P2 vs Trek Speed Concept 7 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2011-04-08 7:00 PM
in reply to: #3222770

User image

Expert
Waukesha, WI
Subject: RE: Cervelo P2 vs Trek Speed Concept 7

As the original poster I thought I should reply ...I have not gotten the SC out yet because the weather here in WI is miserable..however I have ridden it on the trainer the last 4 months...and I have had nothing but problems with it.  I have had to take it back to the LBS or have a defect fixed or a  new issue taken care of 3 or 4 times.  Slowtwitch has a full thread devoted to SC owners and a trek tech that answers what the latest issue is and how to fix it. 

I got a bike to ride and race not a bike to constantly fix!...sorry but I just had to vent

2011-04-08 7:55 PM
in reply to: #3436951

lrunfit - 2011-04-08 8:00 PM

As the original poster I thought I should reply ...I have not gotten the SC out yet because the weather here in WI is miserable..however I have ridden it on the trainer the last 4 months...and I have had nothing but problems with it.  I have had to take it back to the LBS or have a defect fixed or a  new issue taken care of 3 or 4 times.  Slowtwitch has a full thread devoted to SC owners and a trek tech that answers what the latest issue is and how to fix it. 

I got a bike to ride and race not a bike to constantly fix!...sorry but I just had to vent

My training partner got a new SC 9.5 a few weeks ago and loves it, but she's always annoyed by a "squeak" coming from the seat.  BUT you aren't the first person from whom I've heard problem stories about SC ownership.  

Do you think it's a problem with overall Trek build quality?  Or is it inherent in adopting the first iteration of a new technology?

2011-04-11 8:29 PM

User image

Expert
Waukesha, WI

I beleive it is inherent to being the first owners of a new product.  I took it to LBS again on Saturday and they did find that one of the fixes had slipped a little. One guy who worked there was ready to send the bike  back to trek and have them send a new one but the owner wanted to do HIS tweaking first.  I do trust the owner and so does my husband  however he made it be known that this was the LAST time it would go to the shop before it would be returned to trek...in fact that same day I talked to a guy who works at Trek who said I could probably just take it to the factory (which is 45 minutes from me) and they would take care of it then and there!

I think trek makes some great bikes BUT should have made sure to cross their t's and dot their i's before they released a new model.

P.S. - while at LBS by husband bought  a new trek road bike - one that has been out for a while

2011-05-05 3:46 PM

for most people, theyll be able to fit both with stem and spacer adjustments.

the trek sc has too much stack even with a negative rise stem for me.  

you should base your selection on stack/reach numbers then aerodynamic qualities

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cervelo P2 vs Trek Speed Concept 7 Rss Feed  

of 2