General Discussion Race Reports! » XTERRA: Victoria Bryant State Park Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

XTERRA: Victoria Bryant State Park - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Royston, Georgia
United States
Xterra
38F / 3C
Overcast
Total Time = 57m 31s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 6/
Pre-race routine:

It was a long drive to get to the park. i got up early and did not eat breakfast, just too much coffee. I was one of the first people at the park.

I had a semi-hard week of WOs before this race. The legs were not fresh by any means. Lifting and 42 miles of riding the day before made sure this would not be a great result. I am doing the trail races for the fun of it. So, you do not complain or make excuses for C races.
Event warmup:

I jogged around the area close to the parking lot. I ran up the trail and the first hill to get a feel for the course. I reached the top of the first hill and was confronted by two huge white tails deer. They stared at me for a few seconds then turned and ran. It was a cool moment that you do not get while running around the hood. I met a great guys names JD and Mike. I hope to see them at future races.
Run
  • 57m 31s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 09m 16s  min/mile
Comments:

The first mile was about staying under control and picking my way through the crowd. At mile 1.2 the 5K people went straight while the 10K went left. The cold air was hurting the lungs some, but it settled down after 15 min. The course was mostly down hill for the first 2 miles which meant there was going to be hard work bring it home. I tried to hold back to make sure there was something in the tank for later.

After mile 3, people running my pace clustered and the "racing" started. I would pace people with mad out of control decents then they would catch up on the accents. We started to talking some smack back and forth which was fun. I was on the rivet for the last 1.2 miles and passed four or five people in the last .5 miles.
What would you do differently?:

nothing.
Post race
Warm down:

had to get home, so grabbed some food and headed out fast.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

treating it as a C race

Event comments:

nice little trail race...few hundred people, low profile. I really liked it.

Last updated: 2010-08-21 12:00 AM
Running
00:57:31 | 06.21 miles | 09m 16s  min/mile
Age Group: 6/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: very hilly and very few flat sections. trail was wide but not smooth. You still needed to watch your path closely. Few sections were steep
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-12-05 8:19 AM

User image

Master
Atlanta, GA
Subject: XTERRA: Victoria Bryant State Park

2010-12-06 3:23 PM
in reply to: #3237072

User image

Master
Atlanta, Georgia
Subject: RE: XTERRA: Victoria Bryant State Park
Way to go, mang!! Talking during a 10k? You must be cardio-monster!!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » XTERRA: Victoria Bryant State Park Rss Feed