Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

Edited by Mazzy19 2011-04-17 4:02 AM

2011-04-17 12:55 PM
in reply to: #3256172

Regular
The Netherlands
Subject: RE: European Tri-Group - CLOSED

Sorry Ali that you could not do the Duston tri, it's probably a setback, but listening to your body is the most important thing. I'm sure Chrissy Wellington must had a similar feeling as yours when she could not take part to the World championship this year, but that's the wise thing to do. 

Get some rest and get stronger! 

I finished a tough training week, with a mini triathlon, I swam 800 at the swimming pool then 24 MTB and finished with a 10K all back to back, I'm please with the 10K cause I did a slow 50:39, but that's off the MTB (which is more taxing than the TT bike) and I really was going easy cause I had a blister growing under my foot ouch! One more week of tough training, then tapper and I have a Time Trial which should be good fun if the weather stays like this, and then a week holiday! 

Right, time to spend some time in front of the TV, train well, cheers, Hervé

2011-04-18 12:09 PM

2011-04-22 6:07 AM

Bishop's Stortford, England
This week was a "NO" week. I started my train for oly last tuesday, but after an hour in pool I felt weak. Back to home in the evening I had a temperature of 38 degrees and then I rested at home for all the week and no train at all (and no work).

I decided to modify my targets for this year: the 2 oly races in july isn't real important for me, they are important only for the team. I realized it is more important for myself the 70.3 in september because it's a new distance for me.
Then, in stead of having a specific strong train for the olys and then make a bridge for 70.3, I decided to start now a 20 week program for the 70.3 and take the two olys as is.

Bye,

Alberto
2011-04-22 6:51 AM

Regular
The Netherlands

Hello everyone, 

It's going to be a great easter weekend, the weather is absolutely fantastic in the Netherlands. I am finishing a second week of hard training (100+ K) with a bit of speed in them, I am starting to feel it in my whole body, but I just have two more days to go, and then a tapper before a time-trial next week. I think I am getting faster and leaner, but we will only know when the first tri comes around. 

Ali, I am very happy if I can have a little influence on your motivation. I admire you quite a lot not giving up despite a body that does not always respond the way you want. The other day on my twitter, I wrote this quote from Henry Ford which would apply to many things: "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are right." You demonstrate that you can. 

Alberto, sensible choice to start training against your 70.3, if the Olys are not your main target you should just see them as practice, a good opportunity to race hard, but with low stakes. My A race will be in July (2nd), the National Championships 70.3, after that holidays and marathon training. But, I'm not in a hurry to get there, cause there will be some nice sprint and oly races in between. 

Right, enjoy the nice weekend, happy easter, cheers, H. 

2011-05-02 1:18 AM

Regular
The Netherlands

Hello everyone, 

Not much action on the forum, I guess everyone is outdoor training and racing hard. I had a timetrial yesterday, I thought that I could not make a worse time than last year as it had been rainy and stormy BUT there was a wind which was blowing you backwards if you did not do anything, it was bad in the front, but worse sideways (you had to lean to stay upright, crazy!) so I did a worse time than last year...but I was only 0.6km/h slower than last, while my competition was 3-4 km slower, so in despite the bad result, I'm progressing and have nothing to show for it so we are heading towards a big showdown at the triathlon in June if all the piece get together. 

This week holiday, I will use it to do a bit of swimming and running, then back to heavy training, with some racing in between. 

Have a good time, cheers, Hervé

2011-05-03 2:56 PM

Bishop's Stortford, England
Of course, I started last week the train program for my first 70.3 in september. It's very strong, in the first 2 days of train I made the same activity hours of an entire week of previous sprint program!

But I resist...
2011-05-07 12:56 AM

Regular
The Netherlands

Well done Alberto, keep it going! I too will restart on hard training today (and diet after a nice week of holiday), 20K run today.

Have a nice weekend, cheers, Hervé 

2011-05-07 9:16 AM

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » European Tri-Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 8