General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for Houston Training Group - Early Morning Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-01-27 10:48 AM

Subject: Looking for Houston Training Group - Early Morning
I am looking for a morning training group within Houston.  I live in Northwest Houston but would be willing to drive as far as Memorial Park in the early mornings to meet up with a regular group.  I am 30 yrs old and age group training doesn't really matter to me at this point, I am just tired of running and biking by myself.

I currently have been running, biking (around Bear Creek), swimming around 7-9 hrs a week.   I need to join a group to push myself further. 

A guy I work with is heavy into the Tri scene but his group is a hell of alot faster than I can keep up with (23-25 mph on the bike and 7:00 min/mile runs)  I can stay up to 20-21 mph with the occassional burst that fast. I have been training for triathlons since the end of July.  I started out training as way to lose weight but really enjoy the competition and plan on doing my sprint tri at the Gateway to the Bay in April.

If anyone has any openings in the current group, I would love to meet up.  My email is [email protected]

Thanks again

2011-01-27 12:28 PM
in reply to: #3324583

Master
Houston, TX
Subject: RE: Looking for Houston Training Group - Early Morning
Northwest Houston covers A LOT of area.  On the west side there area couple groups in Katy.  Just google an LBS their and they'll be able to tell you.  On the north side with the new IM coming up in May, I would be willing to wager one has formed in the woodlands SOMEWHERE.  Bikelane in the woodlands might be able to guide you.  I'm on the northeast side so I'm unfamiliar with the area you are asking about.  I just know through talking to friends.  HRTC is another source you can look at.  They are kind of more downtown-ish, I think they have a  pretty big membership and you'll probably be able to find something there.  Good Luck.
2011-01-27 1:27 PM
in reply to: #3324852

Thanks I will check out the local bike shops around Katy or maybe down at one of the shops on Westheimer.  I am located just off north off of Eldridge and I-10W.

The Woodlands would be too far to travel for morning weekday sessions as I am about 40 minutes from Woodland Parkway w/o morning traffic heading up I-45.

2011-01-27 1:56 PM

User image

Stavanger Norway

The bike barn tri club is pretty active out in Katy.  There is always a group brick on Saturday and a long run on Sunday usually.  They also have a indoor trainer class and sometimes get around to having a track workout.  Bicycle World and Fitness is also starting up a group too from what I can tell by their facebook posts.

2011-01-28 6:02 AM

User image

Tyler,
check out www.onurleft.com they are out of Houston too.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for Houston Training Group - Early Morning Rss Feed