General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Running Stores / Running Locations Tuscaloosa? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-01-31 12:26 PM

User image

Master
Dothan, Al
Subject: Running Stores / Running Locations Tuscaloosa?
     I will be in Tuscaloosa for a week in Feb. Looking for a  to run ( prolly have to be early in the mornings) and maybe a running specialty store

Thanx, Doc

2011-02-01 11:24 AM
in reply to: #3331045

Subject: RE: Running Stores / Running Locations Tuscaloosa?

i run in t-town pretty regularly. there aren't any specialty stores down there but there are some good runs. don't know what kind of distance you are looking for but there are some good loops around campus. you can throw in jack warner parkway for a decent long incline. its a 4 lane highway but has sidewalk along most of and wherre there isn't sidewalk it is a nice wide shoulder. i run it and don't feel unsafe. if it is early the traffice won't be too back.

2011-02-04 11:46 AM
in reply to: #3333219

User image

Master
Dothan, Al
Thanks, Shorter loops are fine, I am starting all over again (again) My running life is like ground Hog Day ( the movie.) I have heard River Road Park is good???
2011-02-04 3:08 PM
in reply to: #3331045

User image

Master
North Alabama
River Road park is good. You can take River Road (Jack Warner) and park down at the back end of the campus condos at that little park. From there, you can run East or West which ever way you choose. West will take you more into downtown by the boat dock and the old park, while East will just push you along the river. 

But from that same point, you could run into campus, around the quad, sorority row, bryant to the rec center, across by the rec center, back down campus to the dorms, and back to the parking lot. If memory serves me right, that's close to 5miles. 

Actually: 5.5mi: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4271800 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Running Stores / Running Locations Tuscaloosa? Rss Feed