General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any one own a Stradalli bike? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-02-01 8:29 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Any one own a Stradalli bike?
I was looking over some ebay products and ran across this bike manufacturer out of I believe Florida.  Stradalli bikes. Claim to be full carbon, not a Taiwan brand of 70% carbon and 30% fiberglass.   The Stradalli Phantom TT-717  looks pretty nice.

Question is....is it another foreign frame job with just decals on it?  Frame and fork set is going for just under $1200.

http://www.carbonroadbikebicyclecycling.com/phantom-tt-717-carbon-fiber-time-trial-cycle-frame-543mm

Anyone own one, ever ridin one, or have any reviews....good or bad about Stradalli bikes?

2011-02-01 8:46 PM
in reply to: #3334375

User image

Subject: RE: Any one own a Stradalli bike?
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been trying to find reviews of these bikes.  The price sure is right.  I'm watching a complete bike on ebay right now actually.  The only source of reviews I really have found I have copied below.  There are several on this forum who have stradalli bikes and their posts begin around the middle of the page.  

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=206254 

hope this helps.  If you find anything else out about them let me know!

Edited by neverstopexploring 2011-02-01 8:51 PM
2011-02-01 9:08 PM

User image

Veteran
OBX, NC
tigers75 - 2011-02-01 9:29 PM I was looking over some ebay products and ran across this bike manufacturer out of I believe Florida.  Stradalli bikes. Claim to be full carbon, not a Taiwan brand of 70% carbon and 30% fiberglass.   The Stradalli Phantom TT-717  looks pretty nice.

Question is....is it another foreign frame job with just decals on it?  Frame and fork set is going for just under $1200.

http://www.carbonroadbikebicyclecycling.com/phantom-tt-717-carbon-fiber-time-trial-cycle-frame-543mm

Anyone own one, ever ridin one, or have any reviews....good or bad about Stradalli bikes?

There is a lot of spelling errors on their web site - I usually take that as a bad omen..... 
2011-02-03 9:40 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Overlea/Fullerton Maryland
Their integrated aero bars are pretty sweet as well. I tried posting a thread about them an got no replies
2011-02-03 10:27 AM

User image

Pro
Norwalk, Connecticut
in my honest opinion, it is totally a taiwan frame made for them.

you would be surprised on the quality of the frames from china and taiwan, but this is beating a dead horse. mine has only lasted 3 years on about 2000 miles a year with me weighing from 250lbs to 210lbs.

here is a link to alibaba and a chinese distributors of that frame

http://carbon-products.en.alibaba.com/product/372490601-200176927/carbon_TT_frame.html

and another with a better pic

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/231781619/carbon_TT_TT_frame_tt_bike_bike_tt_tt_parts_carbon_bike_tt_high_light_TT_frame.html

best of luck

2011-02-03 6:42 PM

User image

Expert
As long as you're looking at these sort of bikes, check out Rosetti. I did a lot of research into them last month and ended up going another route just because I couldn't pass up the deal that I got.

2011-12-14 11:41 PM

Good news. I had the same questions as this posting and actually discovered this thread looking for information on Stradalli. I ordered the Stradalli Phantom after checking them out with the Florida Better Business Bureau and other government checks. All gave good reviews. I even ordered it with an insured credit card because I still wasn't convinced. I have to say that the bike is awesome. It is exactly what they claim it to be. I was able to discuss options like crank size, cassette, SRAM parts color options. I made these decisions with their help by phone, and even switched to my favorite tires and tubes. The bike arrived FedEx in three days. You'll need a first rate bike mechanic - maybe check with the local shop first - I found a mechanic instead because a shop doesn't sell Stradalli. You'll need to be home to sign for it -- I didn't know that and had to make arrangements. Hope this helps.
2014-11-17 4:45 PM
in reply to: tigers75

My experience with this company has not gone as well as others.

I purchased the Phantom II and had several issues, most of which I was fine with but, on my second race with the bike, the bars slipped in the stem. After really looking at the stem, you could tell something was wrong with it. It was tightened as far as it possibly could and still would not properly hold the bars. There was also part that bulged from under the paint when the part was installed. I sent several emails and was answered but, they just kept coming up excuses. They kept making excuses and finally told me to send the part back to them, so I did. Again, they put me off until I emailed them at which point they started making more excuses (they were upset that I wrote on the part with a felt tip marker). Eventually, after over a month going back and forth, they emailed me that the part was $120 and they wanted me to pay for half. I was extremely upset and replied with an upset email telling them that I would send them payment to send MY part back. Now, they won't send me the paypal address to pay them to send MY part back. One of the employees even went so far as to call my house with a diluted story of how they sold me a great bike and have done nothing but try to make me happy. He cursed me out and told me to call back after I have thought about how I have acted and when I'm ready to be nice and stop threatening them. When I tried to respond, he hung up on me.

I've kept the email thread over the past six weeks and I'm pretty sure they've blocked my email address because the auto reply message you usually get doesn't come back anymore.

This may not be a typical story. Maybe everyone else who's ever dealt with them have had great stories, I don't know. I don't wish anything bad on them or their company. I only want my part back and now I have a useless bike.

If you decide to use this company, I wish you the best of luck.

2017-05-05 11:03 AM
in reply to: tigers75

I am 6’0 and 185 pounds and purchased an 56 cm Stradalli Aero7 frame with shimano DI for $3400 on 10/11/16. The price was about $2,000 less than the Specialized, Orbea and Cervello I was shopping for (There is a catch – as “you get what you pay for” is totally applicable in this case).

In early April 2017, I took the bike for a six month tune up at my local bike shop. To my surprise, the bike shop called me saying the frame was cracked (see attached photo) and I shouldn’t ride anymore. Actually they refused to work on the bike.

I called Stradalli, and forwarded the pictures expecting a new frame. Again, to my surprise, Stradalli said there was no warranty since at 185 pounds, I was 5 (2.6% variance) pounds over the warranty limit of 180 pounds, as described in the warranty page of the Stradalli website.

I replied that was really disingenuous since at the time of sale on 10/11/2017 nothing was mentioned or implied with respect of weight restrictions/ limitations. I further explained that I have been riding two 10-year-old + carbon frames (Cervello P3 & Felt B2) and both are in great condition. Lastly, I pointed out that most male riders purchasing a 56-cm frame would be at or over 180 pounds.
After one month exchanging emails and calls, Stradalli offered the exact same frames (56 cm Aero7 -Yes this is the frame that shouldn’t be ridden by riders over 180 pounds) for $475 plus $200 shipping.
I tried to reason and explain that it made no sense as it would not be safe for me to continuing riding the Aero7. I refused Stradalli irresponsible and absurd offer.
If you are an existing customer and weigh more than 180 pounds – please be careful as I am sure you were never told about weight restrictions. If you contemplating a Stradalli and weight more than 180 pounds look at the pictures again.

Attachments
----------------
Stradalli weak frame.pdf (151KB - 107 downloads)
2017-05-05 1:27 PM
in reply to: mpr35

User image

Extreme Veteran
Greenwood, South Carolina

No way I would trust that bike based on the feedback in this tread. I have to trust my bike when I'm going down hill at 35-40 MPH. Been riding my Trek carbon frame for five years with no issues. Worth every dollar I spent.
2017-05-05 1:41 PM
in reply to: GODAWGS

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Why do the folks with experience concerning this maker have such limited numbers of posts? Just sayin...

2017-05-05 2:41 PM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Originally posted by OysterboyWhy do the folks with experience concerning this maker have such limited numbers of posts? Just sayin...
Yep, doesn't seem odd at all
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any one own a Stradalli bike? Rss Feed