General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HELP HELP HELP! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-02-18 1:33 AM

Subject: HELP HELP HELP!
So I'm in a very unique situation - as are we all. Long story short, my bike was stolen last week (we're tracing the jerk down and almost have him), but I'm receiving money from insurance, and I figured it was about time to upgrade anyways. I loved my old bike (2009 Scattante R-560). It was simple, it was reliable, it was moderately stiff, and it was only $800. I can't argue with that. But I want something a little...more, you know? An actual tri bike and something that will help me grow and do some serious damage

I haven't done ALL my homework yet, but I've narrowed my search down to two contenders: The 2010 QRoo Seduza, and the 2011 Blue Triad SP. I can get both for about the same price - ~$1600 after tax. Like I said, I'm in a unique situation. I've tried reading up on reviews, and I'm going to go do some of my own test riding in a few days, but I thought it would be a good idea to have a heads up on certain things to focus on or think about with one bike or the other.

I don't have much of a history in triathlons. I swam in high school and played water polo - so I'm more than set in the water. We ran a bunch for dry land exercises, so I'm set there as well, albeit it's definitely my weakest section. I bought my last bike about a year and a half ago and just had at it. I racked up so many miles, I feel I really picked it up quickly and not to toot my own horn, but I really think I have a decent propensity to excel in my abilities and become a real threat to all you kings up there

In sum, I'm comfortable on a bike, and I know that I have along way to go, however I'm definitely ready for one of the two bikes above. Problem is, I don't know which. Both seem to be great. I like the componentry of the QRoo, but I like the geometry of the Triad too. 

Sorry for not posting anything about me, I swear I'll do it next week! I've just been slammed with midterms and work, so I'll throw something out there about me as soon as I get a breather. I just wanted to get this out there first to simmer in all your wizened experience and intellect. 

Best regards to a great week, and can't wait to hear from you guys!

Alden 

2011-02-18 7:13 AM
in reply to: #3361132

User image

Champion
Columbia, South Carolina
Subject: RE: HELP HELP HELP!
Have you ridden them?  How do they feel?

The three most important things to consider at this point are:

(1) which one fits you better,
(2) which one fits you better, 
(3) which one will get you most excited to ride lots

(The third largely follows from the first 2, so it's really just a tie-breaker.

Seriously, you'll do yourself a big favor by getting some expert advice about fit.

(Suggestion:  try for slightly more meaningful subject lines in your posts, such as 'help me choose a bike'.  You'll get more and better replies.
2011-02-18 12:14 PM

Haha, I'll try it. Thanks though.
2011-02-18 12:49 PM

User image

Master
PNW

Definitely do more research on the fit.  Those two bikes are quite different in geometry.  As an example, I bought the 2010 QR Seduza because it was the best fitting bike for me and yet I had to rule out ALL Blue TT bikes because they would not work for my fit requirements.

2011-02-18 12:49 PM

User image

Master
PNW

Sorry...dp.

Edited by GLC1968 2011-02-18 12:50 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HELP HELP HELP! Rss Feed