General Discussion Triathlon Talk » anyone race the lakeville oly Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-02-24 9:22 PM

User image

minneapolis
Subject: anyone race the lakeville oly
I was talking to some friends over the weekend and one said she was running the Lakeville oly and the other was talking about the prior lake sprint. So I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on these races are they good, bad, ugly, fast, slow etc.
I didnt see any race reports but I may just of missed them.
Thanks

2011-02-25 9:40 AM
in reply to: #3371660

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: anyone race the lakeville oly

I believe the Lake Marion Triathlon is commonly known as the "Lakeville tri".  I did the sprint last year, I honestly don't remember there being an Oly distance although I did see that for this year.  I liked the race.  The swim was rough, but that's just chance.  The bike and the run were a bit hilly, but the run was at least fairly shady.   The bike course for the sprint was a two-looper, so I have to wonder what the deal is for the Oly course.

Here's are a bunch of RRs for the sprint, anyway:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/directory/link-detail.asp?linkid=31621

bearking - 2011-02-24 9:22 PM I was talking to some friends over the weekend and one said she was running the Lakeville oly and the other was talking about the prior lake sprint. So I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on these races are they good, bad, ugly, fast, slow etc.
I didnt see any race reports but I may just of missed them.
Thanks

2011-02-25 2:04 PM

User image

Expert
Last year was only a Sprint.

They have changed the course this year to get rid of the hill, loops, and bike trail.  I do not remember it being too terribly choppy, at least compared to how Waconia was my first year! 

I would expect the Oly bike course to be pretty fast this year, it is pretty flat, I think there is only a little climbing involved.  The run last year was through a neighborhood, it had some rolling spots, but was a mix of sun/shade. 

I am thinking of hitting up the Oly this year, was a fun venue really close to home (Apple Valley now, Lakeville in a few weeks)  I thought it was overall pretty organized and run well. 
2011-02-25 2:49 PM
in reply to: #3372740

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

That all sounds good!  Okay, found the course maps:

http://www.mnstorm.org/SubTabGeneric.jsp?team=mssms&_stabid_=21054

jvanis - 2011-02-25 2:04 PM Last year was only a Sprint.

They have changed the course this year to get rid of the hill, loops, and bike trail.  I do not remember it being too terribly choppy, at least compared to how Waconia was my first year! 

I would expect the Oly bike course to be pretty fast this year, it is pretty flat, I think there is only a little climbing involved.  The run last year was through a neighborhood, it had some rolling spots, but was a mix of sun/shade. 

I am thinking of hitting up the Oly this year, was a fun venue really close to home (Apple Valley now, Lakeville in a few weeks)  I thought it was overall pretty organized and run well. 

2011-02-25 9:44 PM

User image

minneapolis
Man you guys rock it is awesome to have such a knowledgeable group to advise. AS a novice you certinaly make planning a lot more fun! I can't wait to race this season thanks for all your help,
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » anyone race the lakeville oly Rss Feed