General Discussion Race Reports! » 10. Rijecki polumaraton (Rijeka Half Marathon) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

10. Rijecki polumaraton (Rijeka Half Marathon) - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Rijeka,
Croatia
AK Ri - Maraton
14C / 57F
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 51m 11s
Overall Rank = 5/399
Age Group = MS
Age Group Rank = 28/
Pre-race routine:

Nothing special - Last running session 3 days before the race.
Event warmup:

No warm up. Just walking around the area. Very windy weather.
Run
  • 1h 51m 11s
  • 21.1 kms
  • 05m 16s  min/km
Comments:

Sunny, but windy. Familiar course track as this course is in my hometown. However, I never run along this course, but I was familiar with the area i.e. where to refrain and keep energy. On 18th kilometre I stopped and walked for one minute and ate some dried apricotes which I held in my back pocket. I had a plan to do this and it was a great move for me. The last 3k i run in 15 minutes, where I passed at last 20 runners. No one passed me.
This was my second Half-Marathon. I came at the finnish line in second equal to my first one according to my watch. Could not believe it. Official time was 3 seconds later than this first Half-Marathon I had. Very happy.

Along the course felt the knee pain as I have an oversupination issue. This pain deconcentrated me, but I held on.

What would you do differently?:

I really don't know. Well hydrated, energy in my back pocket (food). Familiar with the course.
Post race
Warm down:

Just stretching out.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Knee pain.

Event comments:

Great post race activities. This was annual 10th Half-Marathon along with 15th annual day of sports in this town, which is named Homo si tec (meaning Let's all run). There were all sorts of sports activities involved (races and other sports). Even massages were organized. There were around 10.000 runners running on different courses, from babies with their parents to professionals.
Great event. Highest possible grades for the organization.

Last updated: 2011-03-22 12:00 AM
Running
01:51:11 | 21.1 kms | 05m 16s  min/km
Age Group: 28/
Overall: 273/399
Performance: Good
Course: The course from the Rijeka city centre, along the western area of the town to Preluk (entrance to town from the western side) and back. According to professionals, this race is difficult, one of the most tricky ones in Croatia. You are climbing and descending 200-300 meters in several occasions.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %2
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2011-04-18 12:48 AM

User image

Veteran
Subject: 10. Rijecki polumaraton (Rijeka Half Marathon)
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » 10. Rijecki polumaraton (Rijeka Half Marathon) Rss Feed