General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Chesapeakeman Ultra Distance Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 6

2012-06-10 4:58 PM
in reply to: #4135086

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Chesapeakeman Ultra Distance Triathlon : Official Thread
bhoov7 - 2012-04-07 12:29 AM

Hey all,

This is my first year of triathlons and I am interested in the Chessiman as my first full. Anyone have an opinion on this one as a good first IM or should I be looking for another? Thanks and hopefully I'll see you out there.

I did it last year as my first IM and my 2nd triathlon ever. It was a good race, its small maybe about 200 competors in the IM. but its a lot cheaper than other races and you dont have to sign up a year in advance. I did it so I could get used to the distance in prep for a WTC Ironman(im doing IM Arizona this year) .  I would suggest to get Sea Safe for the swim it will help keep from getting stung by the jelly fish, last year a lot of people gut stung, I used Sea Safe and loaded by arms face and feet with them and didnt get stung at all, I actually have pics of jellyfish right next to.  I may of been lucky but still, I would reccommend it.  So as a first I would say its a good call. Hope this helps

2012-07-03 1:50 PM
in reply to: #3455611

Regular
Subject: RE: Chesapeakeman Ultra Distance Triathlon : Official Thread
I thought I read that the tide at the Chesapeakman swim can be favorable and results in faster swim times. Is this typically correct?

The reason I ask is since the swim is 2 loops it seems that it would benefit you one direction and then be a detriment going the other direction.

Just wondering and still trying to wrap my head around swimming with jellyfish
New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Chesapeakeman Ultra Distance Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 6