General Discussion Triathlon Talk » It had to happen, right? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2011-04-27 8:19 PM
in reply to: #3464122

User image

NC
Subject: RE: It had to happen, right?
my best friend and i tried out our new pedals together. of course, the first time i fell was when i was laughing at her when she fell over! (i made sure she was okay first - don't worry)

2011-06-11 10:45 AM

User image

Regular
Indianapolis
Subject: Re: It had to happen, right?

I'm finally in the fraternity. I was dealing with my bike not shifting into the big chain ring and not paying attention to what I was doing. I started up the driveway and barely unclipped before coming to a complete stop. I was able to catch myself from falling, but the bike hit the pavement hard. It didn't look any worse for wear so I worked on trying to fix the original issue on the bike and went out for another trip around the block.

As I was pulling up the driveway I, unbelievably, did it again. I was barely able to unclip my left foot but unfortunately I was falling over to the right. I landed straight on my previously injured hip. Seriously, of all places I had to hit EXACTLY where I was hurt before. Other than piling on to that injury, I would say I was more upset at being stupid than anything else, but then I remembered this post I read awhile back and it made me feel so much better to know that I'm not alone. I'm just glad no one had a camera around. Wink

2011-06-11 11:17 AM

User image

Expert
Cincinnati

I've fallen too many times to count now. I blame my AD/HD. If I'm thinking too hard while I'm clipped to my bike, I may fall.

Case in point: I was on a group ride on a somewhat unfamiliar route. Another girl and I got stuck at a stoplight. She was trying to give me directions. I had my right foot unclipped and on the ground, but as I was trying to make sense of the route, I unconsciously leaned left and fell over.

Something similar happened last weekend, which is how I ended up with a dislocated finger. I'm hoping that with that one, I used up all my bad biking karma and I won't fall anymore!

Edited by runk8run 2011-06-11 11:22 AM
2011-06-11 11:41 AM

New user
Connecticut Shore
All of this falling with the clipless pedals is making me afraid of buying a set of these.
2011-06-11 11:45 AM

You can fall all you want, just dont in a race.

Seriously though great attitude. 

2015-06-30 9:30 PM
in reply to: _Deb_

When I was getting used to my shoes I almost fell - twice - against parked cars. That could have been expensive. I fell lots of other times. I ultimately learned how to be really comfortable with my shoes by spinning through the winter in a spinning class where the bikes had the clips on the pedals. Lots of practice clipping in and clipping out in a safe environment. But, boy, I endured a lot of falls the autumn before. As others have said, welcome to the club!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » It had to happen, right? Rss Feed  

of 2