General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Go Tri Sports Hilton Head Island sprin tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-05-13 2:51 PM

User image

Coastal Carolina
Subject: Go Tri Sports Hilton Head Island sprin tri
Hey this is going to be my first race ever and was wondering is it a mass start or waves?  Anything else I might need to know? 

2011-05-14 7:24 AM
in reply to: #3497926

New user
Walterboro
Subject: RE: Go Tri Sports Hilton Head Island sprin tri
This will also be my first race ever.  I was talking to Ryan from Go Tri Sports yesterday and got the impression that it was a mass start.  He said it looked like there was going to be around 200 people.  Ryan has been a ton of help.  If most everyone is as helpful and as friendly as Ryan, then this is going to be a great sport to be involved with.  His advice to me about the start was to not start out to hard and get my heart rate to high. About 50 yards straight out then turn down the beach for about 400 yards and then 50 back.  He told me to take the first bouy a little wide and then concentrate on form down the beach.  Not sure if this was any help to you, but I'm sure if you call Ryan he will be more than happy to answer any questions you have.   
2011-05-14 11:41 AM

User image

Coastal Carolina
Thanks, I'll be getting down there thursday but wanted to know just so I can be a little more prepared
2011-05-14 7:50 PM

User image

well at least this makes me feel better. i was thinking about this being my first also. i just have to work on my swim. im new so im not so sure where some good shops are to get some gear from that wont kill my bank account. any ideas. i want to make sure i like it first. thanks, hicelee
2011-05-14 7:54 PM

User image

woops sry this is not the race i was thinking of. i was thinking about the ???long bay tri. still any advice would help
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Go Tri Sports Hilton Head Island sprin tri Rss Feed