W2 Promotions, Inc.
65F / 18C
Overcast
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 441/1017
Age Group = M40-44
Age Group Rank = 41/63
Pre-race routine:

Drove to about 4 miles from the start and rode our bikes to the start line as there was no parking onsite and we didn't want to have to rely on the shuttles to get back after.
Event warmup:

Just the bike ride there.
Run
  • 2h 09m 25s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 53s  min/mile
Comments:

Great run. I felt good the entire time. I just walked once (other than aid stations) that was bout mile 9 going up the steepest hill of the course. I walked up the last 200 yards. I didn't push too hard as I still have some pain and swelling in my left ankle/achilles left over from Oceanside 70.3. I also really didn't train much in the last month for this. Just rested after the half iron. It was a great Saturday morning run!
What would you do differently?:

Nothing except maybe not have an injury.
Post race
Warm down:

Just walked around to the expo, then back to the finish area to watch my wife finish. Then relaxed for a while and rode our bikes back to the truck and went out for pancakes! Yum!

Event comments:

This is the first year with the new course. The last 40 some years the race had a different course. Last year (it seems) the residents near the start/finish complained enough to have the promoters change the course and take it up the road about 6 miles. The new course is rolling with lots of beautiful views of the ocean and cliffs along the PV peninsula.

I had a great day and really enjoyed this race. There were a couple of minor issues with 2 of the aid stations. Nothing that couldn't be solved with a better volunteer briefing.

Last updated: 2011-05-14 12:00 AM
Running
02:09:25 | 13.1 miles | 09m 53s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/63
Overall: 0/1017
Performance: Average
Course: Mostly out and back with a couple of side loops to the ocean. Lots of rolling hills. Not much flat at all, but the ups and down are not very extreme either.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes