Racers Against Childhood Cancer
62F / 17C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 31m 17s
Overall Rank = 7/fem/
Age Group = 50-54
Age Group Rank = 1/10
Pre-race routine:

up at 5:45, out the door at 6:15 with a diet pepsi and poptarts! Directions to the race site were wacked. Drove around in circles, went to gas station to get directions. (seems alot were doing that!). Got to race site at 7. Nice rack location, close to bike out/in. Ran around the school, some high knee kicks, butt kicks, sprints etc. Double stop at porta potty. NO ONE here that I know!
Event warmup:

See above
Run
  • 14m 17s
  • 2 miles
  • 07m 08s  min/mile
Comments:

Nice run, really pushed hard.
What would you do differently?:

nothing, except train some more
Transition 1
  • 01m 13s
Comments:

after I put on my helmet, and was ready to leave, decided to take of my long sleeve shirt, knowing run 2 would be hot. Probably took me about 20 sec...taking it off over my helmet!

Not wear the shirt on the first run!
Bike
  • 59m 46s
  • 20.7 miles
  • 20.78 mile/hr
Comments:

Great course, road pretty good overall, some wind. Some back and forth with one guy, kept us pushing. Some drafting by one guy...geesh, some will never race an honest race. He would pass me, then sit right in front and slow down...then I would pass, and he would sit on my wheel. (this wasn't the guy that I was working with, back and forth legally! (John) Noted alot of other guys drafting.
until last night, the course was listed as 16.8 miles...not sure why the change. on the same page they advertised 16.8 and 20.7...one paragraph apart!

passed by one girl, and she was in the wave before me. (heather)

not much, happy with my bike...one of probably my top 3 bikes ever. (and the course was pretty accurate, according to my bike computer
Transition 2
  • 00m 50s
Comments:

good, put hat on while running; gulped some gatorade before leaving t2.

drink a bit more
Run
  • 15m 3s
  • 2 miles
  • 07m 31s  min/mile
Comments:

felt so slow going out...guess have forgotten how that feels, after flying along at over 20mph, down to run pace! Ran hard, and felt pretty good the last 3/4 mile, really pushed! Passed John on the run (from the bike), which gave me a confidence boost to really push.

not much! very happy!
Post race
Warm down:

off to get water, banana, walk around. Since I did not know anyone, it was pretty boring. Pet a few cute dogs. Did see Heather Lipusch's name on the results list, she finished about 40 some sec faster than me. (but hey, she is 15 yrs younger!!) Found her and introduced myself.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

lack of training....BUT, that said, I raced hard, and did very well for me. Esp after a year off injured. Cant wait to see full results, and see how many females there were etc.

Event comments:

nice race, but lack of directions to the even sucked. mapquesting the school lead to incorrect directions.

Otherwise, well run, well organized, good course. NO course marshalls...lead to alot of drafting.

LAME shirt...no date, no distance, just little pic and "cooney duathlon". Guess I will skip the shirt for the next ones! I suppose they use the same shirt every year. No worries.
Medals said "running". ah well....!

Last updated: 2011-05-18 12:00 AM
Running
00:14:17 | 02 miles | 07m 08s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/10
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
1/7:01 2/7;16
Course: out and back, some wind, mostly on way out, some gradual down/up hills. Short course?
Keeping cool Good Drinking
T1
Time: 01:13
Overall: Below average
Run with bike? Good
Jump on bike?
Getting up to speed and into shoes: Good
Biking
00:59:46 | 20.7 miles | 20.78 mile/hr
Wind: Some
Course: windy, country roads, small hills (slowest was 15 ish) wind, slowest cause of wind 17.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering:
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:50
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:15:03 | 02 miles | 07m 31s  min/mile
1/7:33 2/7:30 (neg split a second run?!)
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-05-21 9:59 PM

User image

Master
Muskego, WI
Subject: Cooney Duathlon

2011-05-22 4:03 PM
in reply to: #3511862

Subject: RE: Cooney Duathlon

Solid early season race especially coming off an injury.  Now all we need is the water to warm up and a tri may be next

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Cooney Duathlon Rss Feed