General Discussion Race Reports! » American Triple T - Race #3 PM: Olympic Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

American Triple T - Race #3 PM: Olympic - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Portsmouth, Ohio
United States
HFP Racing
Total Time = 2h 26m 8s
Overall Rank = 16/
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 14/
Pre-race routine:

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed in myself with my AM effort. At the same time, I was feeling good and decided it was time to step up the effort. I started racing at this point, but still kept a look at the numbers.

You bike first in this race, in TT format. It’s an out and back, and the road was freshly paved for the majority of it. This course favored me more than the others as it had some opportunity to go steady and fast. All other races were either up or down, and at 175 lbs I give up a bit.

I started ignoring power caps on the hills and pushing the flats…I just put it in a gear that allowed me to spin hard, if it resulted in 350 watts—whatever. I started caring less about blowing up about half way through this bike. I passed new friends Alaina and Ryan a bit after the turn around, who were building their lead as the co-ed team. They looked strong and were working extremely well together.

Into T2 where the challenge was to get the wet suit on and swim post bike. Plastic bags worked great, got it on and a volunteer came over to help me zip. After a bit of a struggle with that, I was on my way.

No cramps on the swim, until I made the genius move of running out from lap one and high kneeing into the water for lap 2….quad goes into lock up mode, and the brink of cramping, but I get lucky and never goes into full on cramp….note to self, don’t jump on quads heading into a swim after biking 40k.

I finished up the swim, and onto the run, where I immediately sensed the field was slowing down big time. This was a huge boost to my mental state, as I was passing several people.

This is where the event really got fun, as I was chasing Mike C. and being chased by my bud and training partner Matt C…..It would turn out I would never catch Mike, and always get chased down by Matt—but THAT is what the weekend is all about. We would always give each other a quick word of encouragement, and we were racing and having fun.

This is the race where I made a huge jump in the standings, and I went to bed confident with the half iron in the AM. Tired, but excited to go.

16th OA solo racer
Swim
  • 23m 20s
  • 1640 yards
  • 01m 25s / 100 yards
Transition 1
  • 02m 1s
Bike
  • 1h 11m 25s
  • 24.8 miles
  • 20.84 mile/hr
Transition 2
  • 01m 10s
Run
  • 48m 10s
  • 6.55 miles
  • 07m 21s  min/mile
Post race

Last updated: 2010-10-02 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:23:20 | 1640 yards | 01m 25s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 19/
Performance:
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:01
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:11:25 | 24.8 miles | 20.84 mile/hr
Overall: 19/
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:10
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:48:10 | 06.55 miles | 07m 21s  min/mile
Overall: 23/
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2011-05-25 7:52 AM

User image

Master
syracuse
Subject: American Triple T - Race #3 PM: Olympic
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » American Triple T - Race #3 PM: Olympic Rss Feed