x dog events
48F / 9C
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 01m 11s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Stopped by Fred Meyer. Purchased a morning pastry and a Rock Star Recovery. I skipped the Breaksfast Burrito this race.
Event warmup:

I did some light stretching focusing on my calves.
Run
  • 1h 01m 11s
  • 5.92 miles
  • 10m 20s  min/mile
Comments:

Rather than aproach this run as a race I tried to treat more as a test of my training. I was hoping that the race would then come to me rather than running above my fitness level. There were sections were I felt my heart would come out of my choice. There were other sections later in the run were My breathing was under control.
What would you do differently?:

As much as I would like to say my knee slowed me down. It was more a lack of training than anything that slowed me down. If I want to get faster I need to run internals at the track. If I want to get stronger I need to run the trails with some hills.
Post race
Warm down:

No warm down. I ran directly to the keg then got into a dry shirt.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I would say my overall lack of running hurt my perfomrance. The terrain was wet slick single track which I never am at my best at. I will try and mix it some different terrains. I also will see if the eliptical vice running hurts my speed. My intention this year is to build strength for a 3:45 marathon next year.

Event comments:

It was good to do an off road X Dog event again. I am curious to see how I do on similar single track when it is drier. The Beer was good thank you Red Hook. The door prizes were awesome as usual. The only I could have asked for any better would have been for it to be direr.

Last updated: 2010-12-15 12:00 AM
Running
01:01:11 | 05.92 miles | 10m 20s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: The course was a figue "8" with the top loop much smaller than the bottom loop. The trails were slippery clay. Lots of ups and sowns not much flat.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes